Toys That Every Mid-2000s Middle School Wanted For Christmas
Christmas

9 Mid-2000s Toys You Saw Ads For On Disney Channel That Went Straight To Your Christmas List

Dear Santa, I want all the Silly Bandz.

390

When I was a kid I pretty much had my Christmas list ready to go half-way through the year, complete with a million items. I knew what I wanted Santa to bring me and kept adding and adding items up until Christmas Eve. Lucky for me there were plenty of toys to want growing up in the 2000s. Every day while watching Disney Channel commercial after commercial of toys were on my screen, so yeah I pretty much wanted everything.

Now that I'm in college, my Christmas list pretty much consists of toiletries and fancy pens that I like to take notes with, and I am perfectly okay with that. It must be a sign that I have officially grown up.

While this year I am expecting some deodorant and toothpaste in my stocking, here are nine things that I and many others had been hoping for in the early-to-mid 2000s.

1. An American Girl Doll and accessories 

I'm not going to lie, I was very fortunate and lucky for me my grandparents got me an American Girl doll for Christmas for about seven years. Yes, I was that crazy that I wanted that many. Between my sister and I, we had about 14 of them.

So, yes, I do know more about American Girl dolls than you do.

SEE ALSO: What Your American Girl Doll Would Be Like As A Millennial

2. Nintendo DS

Flickr Creative Commons

There truly was nothing greater than Pictochatting your sibling from across the room and annoying your family while playing Nintendogs.

3. Silly Bandz 

Flickr Creative Commons

Silly bandz will always have a special little place in my heart. I'll never forget slingshotting them across the classroom at my friends, covering my entire forearms with them and forcing my mom to buy a pack of them every time we went to the store.

4. Easy-Bake Oven 

During my time with my Easy-Bake Oven, I probably only made one edible brownie and definitely melted all of my plastic utensils.

5. Webkinz

Ganz

I remember when Webkinz were in their prime cost $20 a piece. Now you can find them in your local Pat Catan's for $2.99. What a time to be alive.

6. Polly Pockets 

YouTube

Half of the time I just wanted Polly Pockets because I liked to chew on her squishy clothes and shoes. I'm pretty sure my mom feared for my life every day because she thought I was going to choke on a Polly Pocket shoe.

7. Bratz 

First off, is the girl on the far right wearing cheeseburger heels? Also, the Bratz movies had the best bops. Bratz are 100% better than Barbies. They just had a passion for fashion that I never knew I needed when I was eight.

8. Littlest Pet Shop

Hasbro / Amazon

There was something so cool about the fact that these little figurines had a magnet on the bottom of one of their feet. I used to put them all over my fridge.

9. Nintendo Wii

Nintendo Wiis were all the rage when they first came out. I remember my parents searched high and low for a Wii the year they came out. When we finally got it I became the master of "Guitar Hero" on the easy level.