I Can't Wait For Christmas Break So I Can Have Hobbies Again

I'm Excited For Christmas Break So I Can Have Hobbies Again

Believe it or not, school isn't a hobby of mine.

26

I like to think I have lots of hobbies. I like to crochet, I have a studygram that I just started (@homeworkandhistory), I like to take pictures, I like to read, and I like to nap (Yes, when you're a college kid, napping is a hobby AND a personality trait).

However, since the semester started, I've barely had any time to do any of these things. I've been so focused on school and making good grades, I've had a hard time keeping up with the things that I love to do just for the sake of doing them.

However, with the last week of the semester fast approaching, I am blessed to have all the hard work pay off in the form of me not being so stressed out for finals. However, now that I have more time to myself, I'm not sure what to do with it. I feel weird trying to delve back into things that I haven't touched in months, and if I've lost the ability or the passion for them.

It's a weird feeling.

When you've done nothing but read ancient texts, history books, textbooks, literature, and write over all of them at once, it can be kind of jarring to jump back into a not so rigid activity, especially one that I used to do ALL THE TIME.

But, that's why I am looking forward to Christmas break. A whole month off from school, with no homework assignments or papers due or tests to study for. A whole month to read for fun, to get back into taking pictures, to have the ability to create something without being graded on it.

This break will be the first time all semester where I don't have to worry about whether or not I'll be judged on what I do. I'm excited to have that space to create again.

But for now, I have to meet my professor so she can grade my paper right in front of me :-)