Christmas Gifts For Kids We Still Want As Adults

7 Christmas Gifts We ALL Wanted As Kids That Our Adult Selves Still Secretly Desire

Are you ready to go back to your childhood?

132

My mom has tasked me with coming up with my Christmas list this year and, if I am being totally honest, I have no idea what I want. I mean, yes, I would love money and socks, but she won't give me money, and socks are a given. So I have to come up with things that I want at a reasonable price. But I don't want to right now, so here is a list of 10 gifts that we ALL wanted when we were growing up!

1.  Ripstick

via GIPHY

This was the one thing my parents would never get for me but I wanted with every fiber of my being. I needed this transportation device so bad that I think I had a full-blown breakdown when I opened all my gifts on Christmas and this was not one of them. It amazed me that I could just swivel my hips and I would propel myself forward with this magical device.

2. Heelys

via GIPHY

Even now just thinking about these bad boys has got me going crazy because I had like eight pairs. I loved those shoes until their deaths and beyond the grave. They were functional and practical, providing necessary escape whenever the situation required and you looked badass scooting away. Heelys DEFINED my tween years, and I find myself looking up prices while writing this. Yes, I have no shame.

3. Beyblades

via GIPHY

"BEYBLADES BAYBLADES LET IT RIP! Sing along with me!"

Listen, that song didn't have to go that hard, but it did. Beyblades, I wanted all of them, and so many more. This far outweighed pokemon in my book and I felt so cool when I would rip one out in recess to duel my enemies.

Was I cutthroat? Yes.

Did I scare my classmates? Also yes.

Did I care? Absolutely not.

I was the most powerful Kindergartener you have ever seen.

4. Razor Scooter

via GIPHY

Not even mentioning the electric scooter, this class razor scooter was the only way to travel in my day. The only price to pay for this amazing invention is the utter pain and betrayal you got when your scooter would hit your ankle. We all know the pain I'm talking about, you feel it right now, don't you? How much did you beg your parents for one of these? I think it was at least two years until I finally acquired what I sought. Every day has been hell on Earth being separated from my Razor. Every day.

5.  Tamagotchi

via GIPHY

At my family's prime, I had 10 children. Obviously they came to me through other means than my parents, but I was a good mother to my kids. Working hard day and night to make sure they were taken care of. Tamagotchis made me into the nurturing and caring person I am today, and that's on period. Oh boy, let's not go back and read that. BUT, yes Tamagotchis were a very hot ticket item and they were all the rage as the kids say. I miss my little family, but they have grown from me and I have an empty nest.

6. Littlest Pet Shop

via GIPHY

Okay, first off, trading these little guys was hard. It was a form of currency, I would bring my entire stash over to my friend's house, even if we never discussed trading. I was so sneaky. I would make sure to bring my best of show LPS and play with it to let my friend know I was for real and serious. This was no game, baby. I was in it to win it. I would stalk online forums to find the best and rarest LPS. And eventually, I would find them. One by one. It was ruthless and no one got away unharmed, even a seasoned pro like myself. I would have sold my soul and then some for my parents to get me these for Christmas.

I needed it. So bad.

7. Wii

via GIPHY

Man oh man did I wish I had one of these.

It was my lifelong dream to own one of these puppies, but alas, it was not meant to be. My mom strongly disapproved of video games of any kind, so my childhood was Wii-less and I was despondent. But that's what friends are for right? I would definitely, most decidedly, absolutely go over to my friend's houses that I knew had a Wii. I have no shame in admitting that. All of my strict parent's household kids know what I'm talking about. Don't deny your truth and say it loudly for those in the back that can't hear how much you wanted this for Christmas. C'mon just do it.

Please note that all items are in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.