If you don't know who Chris D'elia is STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING.
Go look up his standup on Google to get a glimpse of heaven. My favorite would have to be his drunk girl impersonation.
I love Chris D'elia because he truly just keeps it real, and isn't always walking on eggshells when he is delivering comedy. He is still respectful of all audiences but shows everyone that they should also be able to laugh at themselves and not take life so seriously. His content can also relate to all sorts of audiences and demographics. And truly I think he is someone that will actually just say what everyone is thinking.
This man truly keeps it real about love, friendships, crocodiles, you name it.
He isn't incredibly sensitive if people don't like him, he'll just keep doing his thing. And this is something that a lot of people nowadays have trouble doing. Being individuals that are comfortable with being themselves, cracking a few jokes, but of course still, be respectful. It's really hard for people to just be themselves, and not care about what other people are thinking, and if they might slip up and maybe hurt someone's feelings. Now, of course, I'm not saying that we all have to go around being brutal to each other, but it is alright to laugh at ourselves every now and then, it will definitely boost confidence. The confidence boost will come from being secure in who you are, loving yourself so that you can take a little roast from your friends every now and then, and then dish it back to them. It's so much easier this way, there isn't passive aggressiveness cause you are always getting it all out in the open.
We could all use a little Chris D'leia in our lives. So if anyone wants to support my dream of seeing him live, I'd be happy to make a gofundme.
So without further adieu, here are some random quotes that have really impacted my life, and if you really want to bring these quotes justice, go watch his special on NETFLIX and Youtube.
1. "My biggest pet peeve is when a girl says, "I'm not into drama." Why are you even mentioning it?! That's dramatic in itself!"
2. "Uh escuze me, I have a quhestion fer yhu"
3. "Nothing matters to a drunk girl at all. Nothing you'd be like, "yo there's a crocodile right next to you. 'Uh, excuse me, I have a question for you. Is it your crocodile?"
4. "The shoes on my feet, I bought em!"
5. "Just 100% do that zero times. How about that? OK?"
6. "Bye. Do it by yourself. Don't care"
7. "We're not special. We're just people. It's fucked up to think about right?"
8. "It's not gonna work out, you know? I mean, it might, but it won't. You know what I mean? But it could, but it's not going to, right?"
9. "You know what life is like? We're all extras in someone else's movie"
10. "Love is 'I guess'. You find yourself you 'I guess person' and have an 'I guess family'. That's what you do "
11. "Love is up and down and up and down and up and down and more down and up a little bit, but then down down, down, not up, down."
12. "If I could distill love down into one moment, this right here would be the moment of love right here. 'Fucking move. Move over. Look at the other side of the bed'"
13. "That's what love is. Walking around the airport with three bags and two eyes. And you told her to pack one bag, but somehow you're holding three!"
14. "People that workout and won't shut the fuck up about it. I cannot stand that shit. You don't matter that much, okay?"
15. "Like, you're not really doing much, okay? Who the fuck are you inspiring? All you do is move weight around and eat extra chicken, right?