Why Do Chilren Have More Morals Than Logan Paul?

Discovering a suicide victim isn't a laughing matter.

184
Youtube

If you don't know who Logan Paul is; consider yourself lucky. Right now, unfortunately, he is the most talked about Youtube Celeb and what they are saying isn't good. If you haven't heard what he did let me catch you up a bit.

Logan Paul thought it would be a good idea to make a vlog with him and his friends camping in Aokigahara, also known as Japan's Suicide Forest. He figured he would spend New Year's Eve there and see if it is true that it is haunted. During his little trek through the forest, Logan and his crew came across a victim of suicide. Instead of turning off the cameras and respecting this person. He decides to get closer him and just stands next to him. During this whole ordeal, he is cracking jokes and laughing. His friends made it seem like they had just found gold or something - their reactions were not sincere. You'd think that an adult who is 22-years-old would have a sense of morality and decency, if not for the living at least for the deceased.

Logan had released an apology letter on his Twitter account:

Now his apology letter seems a little half-assed. His apology is filled with "I's" and it looks as though he's just trying to make himself look good and try to make it seem like he really didn't mean to do this. After this letter, he posted another apology which was a video of him explaining that he should've never posted the original video and that he and his friends didn't know how to react.

So I call BS on this apology also, because I too have encountered a victim of suicide. I was around 11 or 12-years-old when this situation happened to me. At that age I was always carrying a digital camera documenting every little thing like Logan, even though I didn't have a large following like him, I still liked to post everything I did on MySpace.

One day walking my grandmother's neighborhood, my cousins and I heard a scream from an older lady that we didn't know and she was just shouting "Help! Help! My Husband!" So we frantically ran into her home (dumb idea, I know) and I ran to her husband, who was sitting on a reclining chair. I saw that he was bleeding and as I got closer I noticed a gun on his lap, that's when I realized that he had shot himself.

The feelings inside me were unexplainable, I was in shock from what I was seeing. We called the police and helped his wife out the house and tried to console her. Seeing her cry uncontrollably was heartbreaking, I couldn't imagine what she was feeling.

Now as a preteen, I had a better reaction than Logan Paul did. I didn't whip out my camera and take pictures of deceased or take a video with me standing next to him. I felt like I needed to give him and his family some respect. This is something Logan didn't think of, he was just focused on his content and getting views. Logan and his crew need a morality check in their lives. I hope Logan thinks twice about what he is going to post now, or at least get a person to review his videos before they get posted.

I hope he realizes that suicide is not a laughing matter. I hope he knows that he needs to buckle the f*** up because his life will never be the same after this.

If you are struggling with depression, self-harm or suicidal thoughts, do not hesitate to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or text WELL to 741-741 to speak or text with certified counselors.