7 Reasons Why 'Chicken Little' And 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Are Actually The Same Movie

Disney released Guardians of the Galaxy nine years early and none of us noticed.

563

Last weekend, I was watching the Disney classic, Chicken Little, with my niece and nephew. As the end credits began to roll, I realized that this story line was familiar, and not just because I had seen the movie before. No, I know it was related to something I had watched more recently.

Then it hit me. Guardians of the Galaxy. From there, I launched on a journey of epic proportions to find the truth about Chicken Little and Guardians of the Galaxy. Here are the six ways Disney released Guardians of the Galaxy 9 years early without anyone noticing. Obviously, warning for spoilers for both of these movies. I'll only be referencing the first Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) and Chicken Little (2005).

1. The protagonists have high hopes and no supporters...

In both cases, our heroes begin by making some sort of outrageous claim and no one believing them. In the case of Chicken Little, this is when he rings the bell and warns everyone that the sky is falling. No one believes him and he becomes the laughingstock of the town, which is how the movie begins.

At the beginning of Guardians of the Galaxy, Peter Quill is going around claiming he's called "Star-Lord." Much like Chicken Little, no one takes him seriously and he's laughed at multiple times throughout the movie by various characters.

2. There are lovable, incomprehensible side characters.

Both movies share a main character who can't be understood in normal communication, but who's probably your favorite character out of the entire cast.

In the case of Guardians of the Galaxy, this character is obviously Groot. He's a large, wood-like being who can only say "I am Groot" and the only character that seems to understand him for most of the first movie is Rocket.

In the case of Chicken Little, this character is Fish Out Of Water (yes that's his actual name, I Googled it just to make sure), who is, as you may expect, a fish. His head is stuck in a fishbowl and he can only communicate through blubbering in air bubbles and his body language. Other characters regularly struggle to understand him, and only his friends seem to understand him completely.

While the audience may not know what these characters are saying, the one thing I do know is that they're absolutely adorable and these movies wouldn't be the same without them.

3. There are languages no one understands.

Chicken Little

This sort of goes along with the last point. Groot speaks a language in which he can only say, "I am Groot", but not only does Chicken Little have Fish Out Of Water, it also has a scene where kids are trying to learn how to speak sheep (which is just a series of 'bas'). In both cases, this language is very difficult for anyone who doesn't know how to speak it, but there are a few characters who've learned the skill overtime or through classes.

4.  Both have destructive parents trying to find their kids...

Chicken Little (left) and Guardians of the Galaxy (right)

While it may seem unlikely, both movies prominently feature parents searching for their children (although for very different reasons). In Chicken Little, this is shown through Kirby, a little orange puff Chicken Little meets after the alien invasion. When they flee Earth but accidentally leave Kirby behind, his parents, Melvin and Tina, come back to invade Earth and cause chaos just in an effort to find their son.

Yondu, while not Peter's biological father, acts as a father figure and spends most of the first Guardians movie looking for Peter after he runs off with an item he intended to sell. While he has very different motivations than Kirby's parents, the fact still stands he spends most of the movie looking for Peter and eventually helps fight off the enemy when he finds him, no matter his initial intentions.

5. The posters are literally the same!

Guardians of the Galaxy (left) and Chicken Little: Ace in Action (right)

The poster produced for the Chicken Little video game looks extremely similar to the Guardians of the Galaxy poster. I've placed them side by side above so you can look at the comparisons. In both of them, the primary male protagonist is in the center, pointing a gun to the left. The smallest character and the only female character are on either side, a tier below him (although the sides are swapped) and the largest character is off in the background with a defensive post.

While the Chicken Little poster is the one for the video game, it's safe to assume that this is also the poster for the movie clip we see of the movie within Chicken Little, Ace in Action, which is (loosely) based on Chicken Little's adventures.

6. The same scenes plays before the end credits roll...

This is what began my journey of looking at the similarities of these movies to begin with. Both end with an extremely similar scene. They both play a famous song (which is talked about more in the next point), while the main characters get into a spaceship and get ready to fly off into whatever's waiting for them.

In Chicken Little, theis scene technically occurs in the movie that Chicken Little and his friends are watching (the movie is based on their adventures throughout the actual Chicken Little movie), but with all the similarities, I definitely think it counts. In both cases, it's one of the last scenes of the movie before the credits roll.

7. They both end with the same song and a very similar scene...

Youtube Screenshots

Okay, maybe not exactly the same but they both end one of their last scenes with the song "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Not only that, though, but both these scenes involve the crew getting into a spaceship to go off and supposedly find some new challenge or battle, as mentioned in the last point. This is the song that plays in both movies before we finally reach the credits and the movie officially closes.

With all of this evidence, I hope you now see how Disney released Guardians of the Galaxy nearly nine years early without anyone ever noticing. Three years before Iron Man, seven years before the Avengers, and before the very existence of the MCU, there was Chicken Little, waiting and watching. But now it's been exposed.