A Preview Of The Chicago Bears' Upcoming Season

New year, new team, but how will they perform in this upcoming season?

240
Steven Panicko

I've been a Chicago Bears fan all my life, and I won't be the first to say that these past few years have been very frustrating. Watching the team was very hard considering we had coaches like Marc Trestman and John Fox along with Jay Cutler under center, and they put up some god awful records. But this year, things will be different. Fox is gone, Glennon is gone and Ryan Pace made some off-season moves to finally help the Bears on both sides of the ball. Starting with John Fox's replacement, Matt Nagy, who was the former Offensive coordinator for Kansas City under head coach Andy Reid.

Many fans had a lot of doubts about Nagy when the Bears first signed him on as the new head coach, and he still has yet to truly be proven but I still have a lot of faith Nagy will help turn slowly turn this team around.

The fact that he changed our offensive scheme to a West Coast offense and that we will be more aggressive on offense is promising, and this was evident as the Bears' offense helped them power through the Chiefs in their most recent pre-season game, but we will all truly see if we made the right decision with him when the regular season begins.

In my opinion, the Bears had a very successful offseason to help bolster the team on both sides of the ball. By signing receivers, Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. Trubisky will now have some solid deep threats to help benefit the offense, along with new acquisitions Tre Burton, and rookie receivers Anthony Miller, and Javon Wims. Looking at it on paper the offense will no doubt be a threat as they now have depth in the receiving including Kevin White, who is fully healthy and ready to prove himself this year. Plus their running back duo is definitely an underrated one as they have power back Jordan Howard and "the human Joystick" Tarik Cohen who can be a threat with both running the ball and receiving. On the defensive side, first-round pick Roquan Smith has finally signed with the Bears and will no doubt make a difference at linebacker along with fellow Georgia alumni Leonard Floyd.

The Bears also made the big decision to match Kyle Fuller's offer to prevent him from signing with the Packers. There have been many doubts about this because fuller has been very inconsistent up until this past season, but I still believe he will be able to have another lockdown season. Along with the topic of defensive backs, one of the players no one saw coming was safety Eddie Jackson. A 4th round pick in last year's draft that everyone slept on made a huge impact on defense and he will be back for another big season.

Looking at the Bears now with Trubisky at the helm, now with a whole arsenal of weapons on offense and a young defense with potential, I think this will be a pretty solid overall season. Now, I'm not gonna say the Bears will win out the NFC North or make the playoffs, but I do think we will get at least 6 or 7 wins. We have a team full of players with a lot of potentials and I have no doubt this year will be a step in the right direction for this team.

Bear down.