Cherish Your Loved Ones

Cherish Your Loved Ones

Never take a single day for granted

429
Cherish Your Loved Ones

Mid-semester of my senior year brings out many emotions. Happiness, sadness, excitement, and a mixture of all three. I begin to ponder my journey at Michigan State University and the many hardships along the way. Whether it meant being let down in a class, by a friend, or a boy, I know that no matter what, my parents are my ultimate support system. College is about learning who you are as a person and how you are shaped in the way that you are. My parents have always pushed me to pursue my dreams and not let anyone discourage me. It was a difficult adjustment for me entering college and being away from the people that care about me most. I had to get used to the fact that I wasn’t able to run to my parents whenever I needed them, but I knew they would be there for me in a heartbeat, even if not physically.

One lesson I have learned in my college years is to always cherish the ones that you love. I, for one, am a culprit of not always being as thankful as I should be for the people in my life. We sometimes take advantage of how lucky we are, and do not realize that it can all turn around in an instant. My heart aches for anyone that loses a loved one. No one deserves to lose someone close to them, and there is no answer for why bad things happen to good people. We need to learn to live our lives to the fullest and not dwell on the small things. We also need to remember that everyone deals with different struggles, whether big or small. It is important to remember to check up on our friends and family when they are in need. It is easy to get wrapped up in our own lives and overlook the fact that others may be in pain.

Throughout my last year of college, I am going to make sure I leave on a positive note and try my best to make a difference. Even as small as always being there for the people I am lucky to have in my life. I am so blessed to have such amazing family and friends to support me and guide me through life. I am going to make it a point to tell my parents how much I am thankful for them and how much they mean to me on a regular basis. No words can describe how much my parents do for me and how happy they are to see me happy and successful. For those who have lost someone special to you, always remember that they are watching over you every day. For every success, they are cheering for you and for every heartache, they are believing in you. If you are the one dealing with pain, remember the people that are important to you and know that they will help you through it.