To the girl who has been cheated on

Everyone has a different view of what cheating is. For me, it can simply mean hanging out with other girls and keeping it a secret for the person you are dating. Personally, being cheated on is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. It wasn't hard because I did not like what he did to me, but because I took it out on myself. I blamed myself for the things he did to me. I felt that I wasn't good enough, so I thought that was the reason he did the things that he did. I found myself in a dark and lonely time. I went days without eating and spent most of my time behind my bedroom doors watching One Tree Hill, rather than hanging out with friends like a normal high school girl would do on her summer break.

Looking back on it, I truly grew from this situation. At first, I hated myself for being so stupid to open my heart to someone like him, but now I'm thankful that it happened because it let me figure out what I deserved. It taught me to never settle for anything less. It let me figure out that I am good enough. It reassured me that I am a child of God and I will always be enough. It taught me that no matter what goes on in my life, there is light at the end of the tunnel even if you can barely see it now. At the time, I thought that no one else will ever love me and I even tried to go back to him because I was that insecure. Boy, was I wrong!

When all of this occurred, I thought that no one would ever come into my life to pick up the pieces and put my heart back together. I'm here to tell you that it does get better. I wish I would've known that then. Someone is out there waiting to love you and treat you like the princess you deserve to be treated like. It may take more time than you want, and that is okay. God will place him in your life when you least expect it and mainly when you are not looking.

Lastly, I would like to tell you that the most important part of overcoming any type of heartbreak in life is to take time to focus on yourself. You can not depend on someone else in your life to fix what you are feeling on the inside. You need to know in your heart that you are loved and that you are enough just by being exactly who you are.