4 Simple Ways To Relieve Stress And Anxiety That Won't Break Your Bank

Some little things you thought would never affect your mood, feelings, stress, anxiety and depression.

97

For the past few years, I have made little changes in my life that I believe have helped my anxiety. When I'm stressed out, which can be constantly, I want to reduce any other extra things that can also heighten the way I am feeling. Once I started college, I picked up a few things... some that I read online and others I just picked up from peers, and I can truly say that those changes did affect me in a way where I always feel less stressed and paranoid about whatever it is I may have going on. Sharing these little tips or pieces of advice, I hope if you try these out it will eventually give you the same feeling it has given me.

1. Keeping Things Organized 

Organized Bookshelf

c1.staticflickr.com

Areas where you normally are always, such as your room, car, closet, etc, it is very important to keep your surroundings clean and organized. I remember gathering this information from a few of my mentors who told me from personal experience that if you have a clean and organized environment, it definitely can reduce your stress and anxiety.

The cluttering can be quite overwhelming especially when you already have a thousand other things that are keeping you stressed. The cleaning and organizing can also be a stress-relief errand that helps you relax and keep busy at the same time. If you keep up with this trick and make a habit out of it, you will hopefully feel a switch or weight lift off your shoulders... keeping yourself at peace and not adding more issues onto your plate.

​​2. Writing In A Private Journal

Writing out your thoughts on a journal

c1.staticflickr.com

Whether you prefer naming it a "diary" or "journal," writing your thoughts, feelings or just anything that is stressing you out can help release all the negative energy you have within you and help you feel better. There are also prompts you can give yourself to write about and just practice your writing skills and keep your mind busy. Releasing your stress in any way is always the best solution. The best way to do this is to shut any distractions down, be in a peaceful environment (music optional) and once you're settled and ready to write, you can just keep to yourself and allow to meditate and recollect yourself.

3. Aromatherapy Diffusers/Scents to Keep Around You 

Different styled Diffusers.

c1.staticflickr.com

I just recently bought myself my very own Aromatherapy Diffuser, and it has completely changed my life. These kind of diffusers help disperse an air flow of essential oils you add to the water in which you use in your diffuser to release the scent of whatever oil you prefer to use. For stress and anxiety, the best oils you can use that will help relief you are peppermint, tea tree, lavender, and eucalyptus oils. These aromas will fill your space with the natural fragrance and each one has its own special treatment or technique to better help you calm and collect yourself.

4. Meditate 

Meditating at the beach.

c1.staticflickr.com

Meditation is the MOST important key. You get to choose when, where, and how long you want to meditate when you do. Do it for yourself. Take at least 10 minutes of each day (even if it's just before going to bed) to stop, sit, and breathe. It is good to find a quiet place, with no distractions... and keeping a very slow pace of inhaling and exhaling. This relaxes your mind and body, and you will feel so much better after.

Hopefully, you find these habits and tips very helpful. The best outcome when trying and doing new things is seeing that it helps you in an efficient and positive manner. It is something most people don't believe needs to be prioritized when it is the most important gift and remedy we can ever give ourselves.

Best of wishes,

Princess J