Cheap Valentine's Day Dates For Broke Couples

10 Cheap Valentine's Day Dates For Couples That Can Count Their Venmo Balance On One Hand

For when you wanna celebrate your love, but on a liiiiiittle budget.

17
https://unsplash.com/photos/ByBHR5SYAtY

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and naturally, as a college student, you're still broke as ever. How are you going to find a cheap Valentine's Day date? You live paycheck to paycheck, you drunkenly overspend on drinks at the bar and Ubers to get home—and how exactly do you budget the $300 paycheck you get every two weeks? Just because you're a college student doesn't mean you are unable to have a romantic outing with your S.O. this Valentine's Day.

Here are 10 cheap and romantic dates for broke college students this Valentine's Day:

1. Have an *indoor* picnic

Since it's February and more than likely freezing outside, make a fort out of blankets and have a picnic. You can either order in or, better yet, make your boo's favorite meal. Buy a bottle of wine and bon appétit! You can both watch a movie and enjoy each other's company in an intimate setting without an expensive dinner bill.

2. Have your own spa night

Stock up on massage oils, face masks, lotions, and exfoliation scrub. You can give each other massages and relax. You could also melt some Hershey's chocolate, cut up some bananas, and get some strawberries to add to the experience. He won't want to tell his friends this, but he will love it.

3. Go bowling

Bowling is pretty cheap, and I have yet to go to a bowling alley that doesn't sell pizza. This one is good for those newer couples. You can have fun and eat junk food while making fun of each other's bowling skills—or lack thereof.

4. Make homemade pizza

Speaking of pizza... you and bae could make heart-shaped pizzas together. It would be fun, interesting, and not to mention SO freaking cute. You could even cut the pepperonis into little hearts! Ugh ok, this is officially my dream date.

5. Get a couples massage on GroupOn

You can get some mad date night deals on GroupOn. If you want to relax without breaking the bank, GroupOn is the way to go.

6. Go to a wine and paint

They're not cheap, but they're also not expensive. It's usually $35 per person. If you want to channel your inner Pinot and poke fun at whoever sucks the most, then you should definitely check this out.

7. Go to a sporting event

If you both love sports, go to a school game or a nearby NBA game. There's nothing wrong with sitting in the nosebleeds. It's all about the experience. If you get the app Gametime you can get really good tickets last minute for CHEAP. I mean who knows... you two could end up on the kiss cam!

8. Go to a pool hall

You can eat cheap food and play pool at the same time. You may be the youngest ones there, but that's not a bad thing.

9. Make a mixtape together

The nostalgia. Pick out your favorite songs that remind you of each other, burn a CD, and decorate it. It'll bring you back to the middle school days in the best way possible.

10. Make an experimental meal

Go to the store and pick out random ingredients for dinner and for dessert. Then you both have to come up with a hopefully tasty meal for the night. If sh*t hits the fan, you could always order a pizza and laugh at how much of a disaster it was.