5 Cheap Summer Dates To Try In 2020

5 Cheap Summer Dates To Try With Bae Once You're No Longer Quarantined

Fantastic and inexpensive dates to go on with your friends or significant other.

86

The summer is right around the corner and as things start to reopen, our dating lives will start to pick back up — whether you're single or in a relationship. So, if you're looking for some things to do in the coming months that cost little money and will still allow you to social distance from other people while getting close with your partner or new match, here are some ideas for you:

Go stargazing

Going stargazing is both free and romantic. You and your significant other (or group of besties) can grab a few blankets and pillows, buy your favorite snacks, and lie down just about anywhere. You can put down your blankets in the bed of a truck, on top of a trampoline, or on the soft grass. It might be beneficial to look up some constellations in your area before going stargazing; when you gaze at the stars, you might be able to find some beautiful shapes.

Go to a drive-in movie

A drive-in movie is a totally fun and sweet date to go on. Depending on your location, tickets to drive-in movies are fairly inexpensive. Make it feel like the '50s again. Buy some snacks, pick a good movie, pull up your vehicle, and enjoy the night. Whether you're enjoying the film with your friends or your significant other, a drive-in movie is a great experience.

Go hiking

Hiking is a great way to get active! Look up hiking areas or walking trails near you. Many trails have beautiful sceneries and are very relaxing. Not only does hiking build strength in your relationship, but it will also build strength in your legs and core. Going on a date that's also beneficial for your health is a win for sure. Plus, you get to enjoy the outdoors! It definitely sounds like a win-win.

Have a picnic

Having a picnic is one of the best ways to get together, enjoy your favorite foods, and enjoy the outdoors. Not only is being in nature with the one(s) you love therapeutic, but it's also a great way to get a tan and learn new things about your friends or significant other! Go ahead and pack up your favorite foods or snacks, and a big blanket or towel. When driving around keep your eyes peeled for some good picnic spots like the park, by a hiking trail, or by a campground. Bonus points if you hike to the destination of your picnic place!

Play sports

Are you and your significant other, or besties, athletic? Well, even if the answer to that is no, you can enjoy learning a new sport you both like together. Ping pong, swimming, tennis, basketball, and soccer are all fun ways to stay active. Not only are these sports fun, but you can bring out each other's competitiveness and (in most sports) compete against other teams or couples.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.