24 Cheap Fall Date Ideas

24 Cheap Fall Date Ideas

Come on bae, we're going pumpkin picking.
201

What do you do when you want to drag bae on those cute fall excursions you're seeing all over insta, but you also have barely been working lately, so you're money situation is looking a little scarce? Try these 24 cheap ideas to avoid letting your bank account turn you into a 24/7 Netflix and chill couple.

1. Apple/Pumpkin Picking

Check Groupon for super cheap deals in your area. Even just driving to these beautiful country areas is totally free and is a big part of the beauty of this date.

2. Hiking

Pack a lunch, and some waters, and you're ready to go! Fall is the perfect time to get outdoors before it gets too cold and you're really stuck inside with no choice but to Netflix and chill.

3. Carve/Decorate Pumpkins

You can get a pumpkin for a couple bucks from your local grocery store. Make an entire night out of this childhood throwback activity, and see who can make the scarier looking pumpkin.

4. Make Caramel Apples, Pumpkin Pie, etc.

This is cheaper than buying these products already made, AND more fun, because you get to attempt to make these delicious fall treats together. And you get to eat them.

5. Corn Maze

This is a cheap date that will most likely take you a long time to do as a couple if you can't agree on which way to go. You'll absolutely get the most bang for your buck in terms of a lengthy and adventurous date.

6. Rake Leaves

Help out the rents, and have a cute date all at once. Helping each other do something good for someone else will bring you closer together. Just make sure to clean the leaves back up if you decide to jump in the pile (which we both know you will).

7. Picnic

Use whatever food you have in your house, (or maybe the pie you made in number four?) make a simple lunch and head off to a spot in the park under your favorite tree. This is another great way to enjoy the outdoors, some good food and each other.

8. Bonfire/S'mores

Fire, chocolate, cuddling to keep warm? Perfect date night, and again did I mention cheap?

9. Football Game/Tailgate

Local towns often have championship games that draw a big tailgating crowd. Aim to find some of these games to go to as compared to a professional game where you'll be dropping down the big bucks to go see.

10. Go to a Festival

There are a ton of fall harvest and beer festivals. Search your area to try to find the ones that don't charge an entrance fee.

11. Fort/Movie

"Hocus Pocus" marathon? In a blanket fort? Come on.

12. Camping

Borrow a tent from a friend, pack some warm clothes and food and you've got yourself an inexpensive overnight getaway.

13. Go Costume Shopping/Make One

Be creative as a couple and try to come up with the funniest couples costume. If you want to go for an even cheaper idea, try to make costumes yourself and see how creative you can get.

14. Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen

The fall is a wonderful time to remember what we are thankful for and give back to the community. It's wonderful to help others, and to do that with the people we love.

15. Haunted House

Again, this is a date where you'll want to search for a Groupon, or perhaps nights where they may offer a special deal.

16. Ride Bikes

There are many areas that you can rent a bike for a couple bucks for the day, or even ask around and see if any friends have one you can borrow. Getting exercise as a couple and trying an activity that you haven't done since you were a kid will bring you closer together.

17. Explore a New City

Pick somewhere neither of you have ever been to and just go and check it out. Exploring someplace new can totally be cheap because you don't necessarily have to go do things there to have fun, since just going to the area is something new for you both.

18. Hold a Garage Sale

The date that gives back money to you! Working together to de-clutter your belongings and make some extra cash is the perfect way to afford your next date night.

19. Have an at-Home Craft Beer Night

Instead of going to one of those expensive wine or beer tastings, set one up for yourselves at home. Stop by the liquor store and pick up various fall beers. Take out the nice glasses, sit, and go through each beer discussing which ones you like and don't.

20. Go to a Farmers Market

This is a great place to walk around and perhaps pick up some fresh and cheap produce that you can use to cook your own dinner.

21. Hand Out Halloween Candy

Interacting with ecstatic kids on Halloween is a fun activity to do together. You can get some cheap candy at the dollar store.

22. Decorate Your House Together

It's something you have to do, so why not do it together and make a date out of it? Helping each other get a task done is fulfilling. Do this before you try your beer from number 19 and you'll appreciate it even more.

23. Spend a Sunday Morning Reading in Bed, With the Windows Open, Eating Pumpkin Pancakes

Everyone needs a day off. Some of the best dates are the simple ones where we can just relax and appreciate each others company.

24. Train For a 5k "Turkey Trot" Together

Thanksgiving is often known for "Turkey Trot" races that take place early in the morning before the feasting begin. Search in your local area fora race to sign up for. While there is typically a registration fee, you aren't just paying to do the race together, you're putting in the investment of training together and working towards a common goal. Running a couple times a week together will make you both feel good while you're accomplishing something new.