Cheap and Easy DIY Holiday Gifts Every College Student Can Make

For the unskilled crafters on a college student budget.

419
lifeofamodernmom

Buying gifts for friends and family around the holidays is hard, especially if you are a broke college student. Instant Ramen wrapped in a bow will not cut it anymore. These do-it-yourself presents are for the most unskilled crafters who also happen to be college students wanting to impress their friends and family while still following a budget.

1. Reindeer 6 Pack

Lifeofamodernmom.blogspot.com/

What you’ll need:

6 pack of beverage of your choosing

6 red pom-poms

12 googly eyes

Pack of brown pipe cleaners

Super glue or hot glue gun

Step 1: Take a pipe cleaner and cut two 2 ½ inch pieces.

Step 2: Take an UNCUT pipe cleaner and one of the smaller pieces and make a T shape.

S

tep 3: Fold one side of the 2 ½ inch strip to the other side and repeat with the remaining side of the 2 ½ inch strip.

Step 4: Repeat on the other end of the UNCUT pipe cleaner with the other 2 ½ inch strip.

Step 5: Wrap your pipe cleaner antlers around the top of the bottle and twist to secure in place.

Step 6: Glue on the eyes and pom-pom nose to finish your reindeer and then admire your work, you stud.

2. Candy Cane Sleigh

What you’ll need:

1 large candy bar for the base of your sleigh

Varying amounts of smaller candy

2 candy canes

Super glue or hot glue gun

Ribbon

Step 1: Glue candy canes to the large candy bar base and let dry.

Step 2: Create a mini pyramid with your mini candies and glue them down.

Step 3: Wrap a ribbon around your sleigh and give yourself a round of applause.

3. DIY Scarf

iCreativeIdeas.com

What you’ll need:

Old T-shirt

Scissors

Step 1: Grab an old T Shirt and cut it horizontally so that you are left with a rectangle. (See above)

Step 2: With your scissors, fringe the bottom part of the shirt.

Step 3: Follow the tie pattern above or create your own to wow your gift-ee

4. Frozen Inspired Melted Snowman Ornament

ESTY.com

What you’ll need:

1 clear ornament (can find at any craft store around Christmas Time)

A Sharpie

Salt, glitter, fake snow, or flour for melted snow

2 black pom-poms, beads or rocks for snowman eyes

2 tiny brown sticks for snowman arms

1 orange pipe cleaner, Popsicle stick, or even a paper triangle for the snowman nose

Step 1: Write “Some people are worth melting for” on the outside of the clear ornament in Sharpie. (optional)

Step 2: Fill the ornament with whatever you found to resemble the white snow, snowman eyes, arms, and nose.

Step 3: Tie a ribbon around the ornament hook and wait for your gift recipient to weep with joy.

5. Easy Spice Blends

popsugar.com

Step 1: Pick any of the following recipes below or create your own blend.

Italian Spice

2 Tablespoons dried basil

2 Tablespoons dried oregano

2 Tablespoons dried thyme

2 Tablespoons dried marjoram

1 Tablespoons dried rosemary

1 Tablespoons dried sage

Chai Spice

2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon

2 Tablespoons ground cardamom

1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves

1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger

1-1/2 white pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

Cajun Spice

1 Tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt

1 Tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

1 Tablespoon and 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika

2-1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper

2-1/4 teaspoons onion powder

2-1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper

2-3/4 teaspoons dried oregano

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)

Pumpkin Spice

¼ cup ground cinnamon

1 Tablespoon ground nutmeg

1 Tablespoon ground ginger

1-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Apple Pie Spice

3 Tablespoons and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg

2-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom

Greek Spice

1 Tablespoon salt

1 Tablespoon garlic powder

1 Tablespoon dried basil

1 Tablespoon dried Greek oregano

1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper

1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley

1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary

1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed

1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram

1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

¾ teaspoon ground thyme

¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg

These and many other recipes found on http://allrecipes.com/recipes/1115/ingredients/her...

Step 2: Mix ingredients together and put in decorative jar.

*Note: Each recipe makes about 1/2 cup of spice blend

Step 3: Make a label and tie a bow around the jar.

Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!