Chasing A Dream In 2020

Chasing A Dream In 2020

Pursuing your dreams can be a difficult process, will you take that first step?

16
Chasing A Dream In 2020
Trent Waring

The honking of a horn and a police siren wails down my street. It's 12:30 in the afternoon, and I am finally awoken from my slumber. I get up, check through my text messages about current and future collaboration ideas, Instagram posts, Twitter notifications, and emails sent overnight. I let my dogs out, shower, make myself some lunch that will be neglected and forgotten about. I sit down at my desk and start today's work. YouTube, scheduling this week's Instagram posts, researching new keywords, and hashtags that have developed to ensure the best results, tweet a bit. Go on stream, play a few games, and interact with the chat, hoping to build a community that can be a home, a landing pad for all the future moves. The empty Coke bottles and Mountain Dew cans clutter my desk. Suddenly it's 3:30 in the morning, I'm tired, I haven't eaten since dinner two days ago because I forgot to eat the lunch I made myself earlier. I check my phone and tell myself "I've gotta get this YouTube video done if this damn program will work," otherwise I won't stay in YouTube's algorithm. I have a website to get done, Twitch Streams to broadcast, YouTube videos to create and my Pipeline, Sell Music Masterclass, and How to Write Copy Write classes on top of my finals for school to complete.

This is just one day in the life of a person trying to build their dream business. My name is Trent, but on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday nights, I am Doc. I am undergoing one of the most difficult pursuits one can take in their lifetime; taking the steps to pursue a dream with the belief that it will be everything I ever hoped for and more. Most people are too scared to take the steps to pursue their dream, inability to pay for what they would need, or create other various excuses as to why they can't take just the first step to do it, and I want to convey one message to you. It is only a dream until it happens to you. You can pursue your dream, and make it a reality with the phone in your pocket or the computer in front of you.

If you take your first steps to achieve your dreams, the initial ones are always the most difficult. The self-doubt, negative comments from others, and disbelief from the ones you expect the most support from can make your journey harder than it would need to be to pursue. The first bit of knowledge I can pass on is: stop comparing yourself to others. If you compare your content, or product to one that has been in the business for a while,the discouragement will eat you alive. I have spent many nights staring at my view count being 0. I would look through other streams broadcasting similar game play, finding that I am at their skill level or better and begging an answer to the question "Why is no one watching me?" and going to bed in tears, hoping for just one viewer. It is okay to get discouraged, but it is not okay to wallow in it and get to the point of quitting. If you quit, there will always be the question of "What if…."

It is heartbreaking, discouraging, and downright exhausting to start building a dream empire in the wild times we live in, but the fulfillment received makes it worth it. Whether it is the first sale, the first subscriber, the first 100 followers, the memorable moments along the way are worth the more difficult things encountered. The knowledge that the content I produced will make someone's day better, make the time fly by, and create positivity in their life makes the struggles I deal with seem almost absent. I hope you too, take the steps to make your every dream become a reality, and take comfort in knowing that you are not alone. You can do it, no excuses.

In my next article, I will be discussing what steps can be taken to help improve the mindset of a person working to achieve their dreams, and what tricks you can do to really make them a reality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWITCH - https://twitch.tv/doc_the_gutter

INSTAGRAM - https://instagram.com/doc_the_gutter

TWITTER - https://twitter.com/DocGutter

DISCORD - https://discord.gg/9FWcH4j