A Change.org Petition is Trying to Swing the Results of the Election
Politics

Let's see what happens

8
The Better India

Alright, now I'm not usually one to talk about politics, so here is my once in a lifetime article relating to it.

Trump won the presidency, a lot of people are upset, and rightfully so.

This petition was created to help urge the electoral college members to vote for Hillary Clinton, and at the time of writing this has 3.77 million supporters.

Now, while it is pretty interesting how this petition has scored nearly 4 million supporters, nearly the amount of people who voted for Gary Johnson, I think that the fact it exists in the first place can be perceived an insult to American democracy. Voter turnout this election hit a 20 YEAR LOW, which makes me wonder how many of those 3.77 million petition supporters actually voted. Granted, some of them may not be of age to vote, but the questioning of how many of those individuals DID vote was raised by a friend of mine when I asked them what they thought of this petition. They then claimed that the petition was unconstitutional; and I agree.

While the electoral college may have its flaws, it was designed this way. People are up in arms over the fact that Hillary won the popular vote, so she would have won the presidency; essentially the main point of the petition. Though, this is not the first time in American history that the winner of the election didn't win the popular vote.

As much as I hate to say this, nothing screams "millennial" more than trying to change the results of the presidency because you don't like it. The reason this is unconstitutional and undemocratic is because he was already elected. Imagine how much this petition would absolutely kurwa the American government if it lead to Hillary winning instead? I mean, my inner anarchist wants to see this occur, because it would be trippy as hell, but as far as preserving the democratic state of the Unites States, nope.

Yeah, Trump isn't the greatest person, but we are stuck with him at least for the next four years. Wanting him to fail is like wanting the pilot of the plane you're in to have a heart attack.

Check out this page for some rad statistics.

There have been articles popping up across the internet that have stated that Trump has already changed his mind on a lot of stuff he has said, especially regarding foreign policy. While he might not be everyone's first choice, we have to do all we can to ensure that he doesn't fail.

Check out this article for an extremely down to earth overview of everything.

"“I’m moving to Canada.”

You and I both know you're going anywhere. First of all, Canada doesn’t want you. Secondly, this is still a great country you should be proud of.

Time for some existentialism: No matter what happens, ff the economy collapses, if the borders between nations across the Earth grow taller, if nuclear bombs are dropped, and if the entire species is wiped out, the Earth will keep revolving around the Sun. The universe will continue to expand forever, stars will continue to die and be formed, and the concept of time will keep moving forward.

/unorganized and oddly worded rant over. Expect a coffee article or something about Thanksgiving next week.