I'm All For Empowering Women, But Don't Call Me A Feminist
Feminism

I'm All For Empowering Women, But Don't You Call Me A Feminist

Females are in no way, shape, or form superior to males, just as males are not superior to women.

671
college girl friends
Christie Stevens Photography

I know many people's minds go in hundreds of different directions when they hear the word "feminism," because up until a year ago my mind did too. I was afraid of the word, almost as if it meant something bad, but then I met so many feminist and realized we have very similar views, but we view them in different ways.

The one thing I love while talking to feminists is the encouragement and love they bring to the table for other women to see and hear. It truly can change someone's life to know that a complete stranger believes in them more than they believe in themselves. I admit living in a man's world is not always easy, but women have found a way around that, so I would say, fortunately, it is not a man's world anymore.

The one thing that made me cringe so to say when it comes to the concept of feminism is the strong dislikes, and sometimes hate that come with it.

When I hear the word "equality" I think of everyone being equal, meaning we all get the same opportunities and recognition deserved through hard work. I know in the past people have chosen men for many different jobs and duties because they seem to be the stronger ones, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I have met men and women who have brought tears to my eyes and given me chills by their strength and stories.

Unfortunately, some feminists encourage only leadership and power of women, and not men... That is what stopped me first from becoming a feminist because there are men out there that have put their lives on the line for all of us, who have created inventions that are so brilliant they are almost magical (and women have too).

Females are in no way, shape, or form superior to males, just as males are not superior to women. Is being a feminist a bad thing? Absolutely not... But the difference between being a feminist and being a woman who empowers women is that you can empower everyone else too. I absolutely love to encourage women to be their best selves, to strive to follow their dreams, to show off their body because its perfect, but I don't forget there are men out there with the same issues too.

Equality should not just be for women, it should be for all. Every single one of us on this Earth is doing the same thing from day one, and that is living our best life. Whether that means going on to be a singer, a politician, a doctor, a bank teller, or even finding the worlds tallest mountains to climb, we all have the same goal to live a life we love.

The reason I will never be a feminist is not that it is wrong, and certainly not because I have anything against women, but it's because I believe in equality for all, and I believe in empowering anyone who needs to know they are worthy, and they are important.

So, ladies, you get out there are conquer that dream job of yours and show everyone else who's boss, and gentlemen you do the same.