10 Celebrities That Should Run For President In 2020

With Oprah receiving praise and desires from others to run for president in 2020, who else could possibly run?

1524
Oprah Winfrey/ Instagram

At the 75th Golden Globes, legendary TV host and entrepreneur, Oprah Winfrey, received the coveted Cecil B. DeMille Award. While accepting the award, Oprah gave a very heartfelt speech. Highlighting the current state of power between men and women, the attacks the press had faced in recent years, and the power of inspiration.

Oprah had captivated viewers so much that they felt the need to create the notion that Oprah can run and win the U.S Presidency. With the U.S. already having a celebrity President, the possibility of someone switching from entertainment to politics isn't as shocking as it sounds. In this social media age and "fake news" era, celebrities hold a huge voice when it comes to current events and can use their platforms to lead their respected fans and to possibly even lead the nation!

10. Rachel Maddow

Hosting The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow has been known for extensive research and extreme attention to detail when it comes to delivering the news. With a debate oriented background and desire to fix political woes, Rachel Maddow could put America in line with her words and wisdom. #RaceWithRachel

9. Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Kimmel has been a late night monarch for over a decade and with his knack for relating to his viewers on a personal level, he can definitely get his point across with the American people. Jimmy has also been really passionate about the state of healthcare and the state of his youngest son Billy who has had multiple heart surgeries just at 7-months old. This could possibly be a huge priority in his Presidency. #JimmyKUSA

8. Stephen Colbert

While spending the first half of his career imitating Donald Trump on the Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert now discusses politics with a more serious approach on the Late Show. The Late Show has become America's favorite place for a political press briefing, thanks to Colbert's comedic monologues. And with his strong political ties, Colbert might have an advantage with breaking down situations when he transitions from a desk on stage to the desk in the Oval Office. #StrideWithStephen

7. LeBron James

LeBron James has sat on the sport's throne for quite some time now, and when it comes to the state of America his opinion is always accounted for. LeBron prides himself on being a philanthropist with multiple charities that spend over millions of dollars to help schools across the nation. James is also very vocal when it comes to Social Justice and Equality, possibly being a huge part of his presidential campaign. #King4President

6. Leonardo DiCaprio

Aside from being one of the best actors ever, Leonardo DiCaprio has expressed his passion for something much greater. With the creation of the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, Leo is intrigued in the future state of the planet and all its inhabitants; tackling issues from climate change to marine life to even indigenous rights! Leonardo DiCaprio could definitely put the Green Party in full swing. #LeadWithLeo

5. Michelle Obama

Becoming a voice for women of any color, Michelle Obama has put herself on a pedestal that hasn't been made the First Lady since Nancy Regan and Eleanor Roosevelt. With her desire to help make future generations healthier, Michelle could go the distance further than her husband...maybe you've heard of him. #YesWeCan2.020

4. Mark Cuban

Hinting at an actual campaign in early 2017, Mark Cuban could be what Trump intended to be, a Business oriented president. Owning the Dallas Mavericks and being a host on the hit tv show 'Shark Tank', Mark Cuban could put his witty and smart approach from business and assert it to the world of politics. #Cuban2020

3. Tom Hanks

Winning Oscars and becoming a household name in Hollywood, Tom Hanks has always projected himself as being a down to earth guy, but his greatness offscreen is just as astonishing. With tons of charity work and multiple foundations, Tom has used his movie magic for the better of the world. And with his recent movies having a more strong political tone, maybe becoming President could be his greatest role yet? #RunForrestRun

2. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

From wrestling to acting, to politics, Dwayne Johnson has taken America by storm becoming a superstar where ever he goes. Dwayne decided to announce his own campaign in late 2016 after Trump was elected president. The Rock is also a great businessman and is really precise on what he signs on entertainment wise and has yet to fail. Maybe his success can translate while at the podium instead walking away from explosions. #RunWithTheRock

1. Oprah Winfrey

Why not Oprah at this point? Rising from an improbable childhood and defying all stereotypes put against her, Oprah truly personifies America's core values. She has spread her creative views further from just a tv show. She created a tv network, her own magazine, and even a series of frozen health-oriented food. Oprah has not only been a representative of the black community but for women worldwide. #OWN2020

Now, these aren't predictions, and Trump is living proof that predictions don't mean anything. The idea of the most powerful and popular citizens of America running the nation is an idea that doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore. But the beauty of politics is that any citizen with the passion and desire to create a better tomorrow for this country can start a campaign and help create that better tomorrow.