Celebrities I've Tweeted At Who Never Responded

Maybe one day

23
blog.beeliked.com

Like many others who first enter social media, I initially made a Twitter account in 2012 in hopes of getting closer to (or subtly stalking) my favorite celebrities. I felt the power of the whole internet resting in my thumbs as I held my iPhone 4 as a young, innocent twelfth grader. Many celebrities have heard from me in my brief career as an active Tweeter, but alas, I have heard from none of them in return. Here's a brief list of celebrities that I have reached out to, but have yet to receive a response from.

1. Anthony Rapp

I reached out to the former Mark in the original Broadway cast of RENT when I was in UPS' production last spring. I tweeted him asking for any advice he had on our opening night, hoping to hear some words of encouragement from one of the head honchos himself. Apparently, he didn't have any.

2. Lin-Manuel Miranda

As my current obsession, I tweet him asking if he would be the speaker at our graduation for the class of 2017 at UPS. He hasn't said yes, but he also hasn't said no. I also retweet him at least every day, so he gets another honorable mention for that.

3. Russell Brand

I created a Twitter very shortly after seeing Russell's stand-up special "Messiah Complex," so he was the first person I actually ever followed on Twitter just because he was fresh in my mind. In my first tweet ever, I mentioned him and told him he was the first person I ever followed. I'm sure he cares, even though he didn't make any textual evidence of it.

4. John Mulaney

You'll notice a common theme in who captures my Twitter interest. I don't remember what I said, but I do know that I said something. In return, he said nothing.

5. The NRA

Granted, not exactly a person, but indeed a well known group of people. I tweet them every now and then about how they're a terrorist organization and remind my followers that they make money off of every mass shooting. We have fun.

6. Joe and Nick Jonas

The JoBros and I have a complicated geographic relationship. Every time I enter a city, more likely than not, a Jonas Brother will have just been there playing a concert or filming a promo and will leave on the same day I came. I went to New Orleans last spring for spring break, and Nick Jonas flew to New Orleans the day I left. I flew home from SeaTac Airport back to San Diego this summer two hours before Joe Jonas landed there with DNCE. Nick went to Mammoth Mountain in California to snowboard in the two days leading up to New Year's Eve and then flew out to New York on New Year's Eve. I arrived at Mammoth Mountain on New Year's Eve. Even better, I left Mammoth Mountain on January 2nd, the same day that Nick RETURNED to Mammoth Mountain to CONTINUE snowboarding. It's not fair.

7. Donald Trump

The one who I thought would respond. Can't wait for four more years of internet harrassment!