Celebrating 20 Years with 20 Words of Wisdom

These wise words awaken you and I too see the world differently and how we live in it.

63

A lot of people say turning 20 is typically not a big deal, it settles between two of the biggest most celebrated ages of 18 and 21, so it becomes evident why. Turning 20 symbolizes that you are no longer a teenager but simply an evolving adult ready to embark on the next phase of your life. Recently turning 20 myself, I have realized that I have learned so much from past and current situations and some influential people in my life and I would like to share.

1. You must do what scares you, sometimes the best opportunities and relationships arise from chances you spontaneously took.

2. Be grateful. Simply do not take someone or something for granted.

3. To be organized or to not be organized. BE ORGANIZED.

4. Know that everyone is going through a situation within their families or themselves, so respond to peoples rudeness with kindness.

5. It is okay to put your humility aside and be the bigger person, which leads to the overall theme of life is just too short so think of the bigger picture.

6. Never Sacrifice three things; your family, faith and dignity.

7. Don't take life too seriously sometimes you just have to laugh at your problems, people around the world are experiencing worse situations.

8. Be with people who bring out the best in you.

9. Don't feel guilty for doing what is best for you, sometimes that is just how it is.

10. Thank those who help you along the way. Embrace gratitude

11. We repeat what we do not repair. Learn from your mistakes, you made them for a reason.

12. You can forgive, but you do not have to forget.

13. Sometimes we need to hurt in order to grow.

14. We must lose in order to gain.

15. Communication, Communication and more communication. It is key.

16. Life is not fair. Fairness ended in the garden of Eden.

17. If you are on time you are late, so be early. Thank you to my high school choir director for implementing this.

18. When someone or something tears you down, use that as motivation.

19. Be confident not cocky.

20. No need to brag, let your success do the talking.

Here is an extra one for you just because its great.

-Act your age not your shoe size

Prince

After writing this I have realized, that there is so much more that I have learned in these short 20 years and have tried to implement in my daily life. I find these words of wisdom to be a positive structure for people to build off of so I hope you found these phrases inspiring.