I Tested CBDistillery's Products And This Is What You Need To Buy

CBD Lip Balm Is The Calming Presence You Need In Your Life, Trust Me

I tried lip balm, sleep gummies, and an oil dropper from CBDistillery. Here's the final verdict.

6957
@lilyjmoe

CBD has been on making waves within the wellness space for the last few years. Generally related to the treatment of anxiety, insomnia, and chronic pain, it's growing easier to find small CBD companies who are making products specifically designed to fit your needs. As FDA rules for CBD production can be a little hazy, it's true that not all CBD products are created equally. That's why it's important to look into the manufacturing of whatever you're deciding to try, especially if you're new to taking CBD.

As someone who has tried a variety of CBD products — some victories, some failures — I was thrilled when CBDistillery sent me a package of their favorites. They included a Broad Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture, their Nighttime Gummies, and a CBD Lip Balm.

First impression

The first thing I noticed about these products was how clearly marked the active ingredients were. Many CBD products have smaller percentages of THC (the active ingredient in marijuana that gives you that "high" feeling), but CBDistillery's PM gummies products are marked at 0 percent THC. The tincture (oil dropper) has a disclaimer of "may contain trace amounts of <0.05% THC," and the lip balm does not mention THC anywhere on the label.

I was most excited about the nighttime gummies and the lip balm — I've taken CBD gummies for my insomnia previously and was hoping for a sure success. The lip balm intrigued me. It has a smaller dose than either of the other products, but the thought of smaller quantities more often throughout the day appealed to me. Each of these products contains a different dose of CBD: the nighttime gummies have 30mg per serving, the dropper has 17mg per serving, and the lip balm contains 25mg total for the tube.

The verdict

The nighttime gummies, while probably effective for those with mild restlessness, did not help me sleep through the night. Instead, I was restless, tossing and turning and waking up groggy. Previous experience has taught me that my tolerance to sleep assistance is on the high end of the spectrum, so the fact that these are not a one-size-fits-all didn't surprise me.

The oil dropper met my expectations. It tasted herby, sharpened my focus, and felt like a big, deep breath. It didn't change my life, but it did greatly improve it. I will definitely continue using it, especially on days I feel extra anxious or fidgety. I noticed how one dose in the morning set the tone for my day, and it was incredibly helpful, especially if I was busy and had a lot to accomplish.

The best product of this little gift set? The lip balm. I didn't know I needed my CBD in lip balm form, but here we are! Being able to apply tiny doses, topically not only gave me small, routine focus points throughout the day, but it did make a difference in how calm I felt, without any sudden shifts or grogginess. Everyone should have a CBD lip balm — everyone!

What you should buy

If you're new to CBD, this is a great starter combination for you. You'll be able to test out what you need, what you like, and how your body reacts to different products (as well as the mediums you are using to put CBD into your body). If you're just choosing one thing? The lip balm, obviously. Take care of your chapped lips and your restless mind with one little product!

Editor's note: The views expressed in this article are not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you are considering CBD for the first time and take medication, consult your doctor.