Carolina basketball is back and we're ready.

10 Reactions All UNC Fans Who Have Ever Said 'Just Wait for Basketball Season' Are Having Right Now

Seriously, just wait for basketball season.

305
Miranda Cecil

At Carolina, we have a tendency to say a few things on a loop: The ceiling is the roof, I'm headed to Davis, and Just wait for basketball season. I have recently learned that this third one befuddles the students at the schools down the street almost as much as the first one does. I suppose I kind of understand - how can a school with such a bad football program justify a season the likes of which has only previously been seen by the Cleveland Browns with one short phrase? But then... have you seen our basketball program? With seven national championships (six in the NCAA, I know) under our belt and players like Luke Maye on the roster, it's no wonder we're a little bit cocky. There are ten specific ways we're all reacting this time of year, now that the wait is finally over.

1. Bold excitement. 

media.giphy.com

You just don't get much more Carolina than Michael Jordan throwing his hands in the air, and, honestly, we all relate. 'Tis the season for fist pumping and cheers.

2. Pure joy. 

media.giphy.com

Think Roy Williams jumping up and down in the locker room after winning the Final Four game in 2015 (never forget), and you've come close to the start of UNC basketball season.

3. Overwhelming confidence.

media.giphy.com

Think, "eating championships for breakfast" type confidence. Who can help it? It's only right, especially considering that the last time there was a water crisis during basketball season, we won the natty.

4. Pride. 

media.giphy.com

If there's one thing any Tar Heel worth his or her salt will always be, it's proud of their basketball program. No matter the outcome of any given season, we love our team.

5. Stress. 

media.giphy.com

And not just about Roy's ever-mounting blood pressure as he watches court side. Carolina basketball isn't always a calming thing to watch, especially when you're as invested as the average Tar Heel is.

6. More excitement.

media.giphy.com

Sure, sure, we've already said this, but it can't be overstated. We're sliding-on-the-floor-of-the-Dean-Dome levels of excited for basketball, and we want you to know it.

7. Spontaneous Hark the Sound singing. 

media.giphy.com

If this doesn't inspire you to start singing while sitting at your desk or in line at Lenoir, what's wrong with you honestly?

8. All blue everything. 

media.giphy.com

As my roommate put it, this is honestly the only acceptable reaction to have -- except maybe Kennedy Meeks style shark arms. There's nothing like basketball season to make it acceptable for you to wear monochrome outfits again.

9. Hating Duke. 

i.gifer.com

Them:

Me: Go to hell Duke.

We beat them in this game. Just saying.

10. Happiness. 

media.giphy.com

Basically, we're jumping around, we're laughing, we're cheering... and its only just begun.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we're ready. We've waited all year for this and we're ready. We're done chanting "Just wait for basketball season" and now we can seamlessly transition into "The ceiling is the roof." See y'all in March.