8 Self-Care Tips That Will Boost Your Physical And Mental Health

It's important to feel good about yourself.

294
Jewel Turner

In this day and age, there are many new and different ways to take care of yourself. These self-care methods include the most basic of things, like eating and showering, but there are also a variety of things some people may forget, or do not do often enough. Taking care of yourself in more ways than the usual ones can not only improve your physical state, but it can also improve your mental state. It is important to feel good about yourself, and sometimes, a little pampering is in order.

1. Floss

We're starting off simple—mostly because this is something most people, including myself, forget about often. Flossing can help not only get between your teeth to get to those hard-to-get places, but it can also help defeat bad breath. It goes hand in hand with giving off a good scent, and guaranteed it will make you feel better the more you do it!

2. Moisturize

I'm not just talking about moisturizing your face. Put lotion EVERYWHERE! It makes your skin smooth and soft, what more could you want?

3. Use face masks

Face masks are necessary for ultra-clean and soft feeling skin. While doing a mask every so often is nice, it would be best to make it somewhat of a routine, like every week or every other week. They're fun to put on and there are so many out there to try. The possibilities are endless!

4. Use hair masks

This is one that is a little less common. Sometimes, we forget that our hair needs love too! Hair masks are really good to do every other week, as they strengthen and hydrate your hair when it's necessary. Even though the idea of a hair mask sounds like a mess, I promise it'll make you feel really good when your hair is beyond soft afterward.

5. Find a skin care routine, and stick to it

This is something I admit I struggle with, but it is so necessary to feeling better in more ways than one. Once you find a few products that work for you, stick to them, and see if you notice any changes! Washing your face is only part of the routine; try finding an essential oil to put on your face as well.

6. Go outside

Going outside can actually help your mood immensely. In my experience, getting a breath of fresh air makes me feel more awake. Go outside in the rain, snow, or sun! I promise it will make all the difference in how you feel in that moment.

7. Spend time with yourself

Being alone can suck, a lot. But sometimes, it's necessary. Spending time with yourself can help you to understand yourself a lot better. Whether it's staying at home or going out to the mall, really get to know yourself. It will give you a sense of independence you may not know you had.

8. But also, spend time with friends and family

Do not isolate yourself. Spending time with others is another essential self-care tip. Being surrounded by people who get you, people who care about you, and people who love you can really help to boost your confidence as well. You would not be who you are if it weren't for them.