'Captain America: Civil War' Review

'Captain America: Civil War' Review

God Bless America and Marvel

15
'Captain America: Civil War' Review
Marvel.com

The Russo Brothers are at it again with another installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). "Civil War" takes place after the events of Joss Whedon's "Age of Ultron" and continues to advance the characters that we have been watching for the past eight years. The film has a slightly darker and more mature tone compared to other MCU movies. It is something truly for the fans and has many surprises and will leave you with nothing but satisfaction.

The Story

The Story is simply fantastic, it represents almost every element within the comic book counterpart. It is very political, which is why the two heroes go on and fight. During the promotion of the film it seemed as if everyone had a side to choose or everyone knew who they would stand by. I promise you there is no side when watching this movie, at one point or another you will question both of the characters' views and what they are standing for. Iron Man takes more of a governmental approach to the issue at hand while Cap stands more with the independent side of things. Bucky is torn between his best friends, which leaves for an interesting story. There are two types of villains in this film; one being an actual villain who turns out to be a guy that is filled with vengeance, anger, and wants to see this team fall more than anything. Then there are the heroes themselves, and while watching it you don't know who to root for or who is the "bad" set of heroes at all. These characters are so iconic and loved that tearing them apart literally makes the audience cringe and hope that things are going to work out for both sides and all conflict will be resolved.

The Acting and Characters

Marvel has been at it for eight years now with almost all of the same actors. The casting has always been on point, accurate to the story, and the actors have always put 100 percent heart into their characters. "Civil War" gives us some of the most solid acting any fan has seen in years past. The acting is dark, funny, and the fact that we now have two of the most famous superheroes involved in these films now makes them more enjoyable than ever. Tom Holland (Spider-Man) nailed this role! He is the Spider-Man we have been wanting for so long, he reminds me of the Peter Parker from the stories I read. The fact that I witnessed Spider-Man tell Captain America he was a "huge fan" made my smile bigger than anything. Another addition to "Civil War" was Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther) he owned the character like he had been doing it for years. He took every part of the character and made it his own. He is one of the best things about this movie, and by that I mean with everything going on in the film, Black Panther really stood out.

The Action

The picture above was one of the best fights I have ever seen (also the picture above doesn't include everyone either). The scene was by far the best action sequence in a comic book film. The fights were dramatically intense and kept me out of my seat-- mainly because I jumped a couple of times! The one fight scene that stood out was the airport scene. With a run time of around 17 minutes, it was something unique and full of surprises. It kept me wanting more and the crowd was just so into it. The fact we have heroes going against each other, both with their own moral obligations, makes for an intense brawl.This is something we haven't seen before, and if you are an action freak, then this is for you.

The Verdict

Captain America: Civil War is an amazing comic book film that brings the MCU to a such a point where you can't help but wonder where the Russo Brothers are going to go next. If you are a lover of Marvel, then you will have no problem enjoying this movie. Even if you aren't into these films at all it is still recommended because it is just good fun. "Captain America: Civil War" is by far one of the best comic book movies I have seen and I hope that a lot of you fans out there feel the same way!

Thank you all so much for reading! I hope I didn't spoil any part of this for you as I tried to keep my nerd contained for this writing process. Be sure to share, and discuss! Remember kids, with great power comes great responsibility! See you all next week!