I Can't Wait to Graduate

Have you ever been so excited about something that you start counting down the days? Have you ever sat in your room dreaming about all of the possibilities that could be presented to you in the near future? Have you ever thought about something that wouldn’t happen for years? I certainly have been having those thoughts, especially lately. For me, graduating college is the most exciting thought floating through my head. I am so excited to go out and live my life, without the restrictions that college has. I am aware of the various challenges that I may face along the way, but ultimately, those worries will never end my excitement for graduating.

First, I am excited to start my dream job as a teacher. I know it may be difficult trying to get the job, and it may take some time, but I will only let that pressure encourage me to continue fighting for the position that I want. I can already imagine myself in the classroom as a teacher. I have enjoyed my field placement so much. I love my job at the child developmental center during the summer. These experiences are building me up, and I am learning what will be expected of me in the real world, and I can not wait to get out there. I have already gotten my feet wet, and now I am ready to submerge myself in this thing called life.

Secondly, I just can not wait to stop sitting behind a student’s desk and start sitting behind the teacher’s desk. I’ve always been a decent student, but I have to admit that I do become frustrated sometimes. I become bored. I know I can not show my true potential by writing an essay or taking test. My true potential shines bright when I can work hands on with kids and SHOW what I can do. Sitting at a desk hidden by fifty thousand textbooks is not the ideal way for me to learn. That is why I can not wait to graduate. I will learn by doing, not with my head in a textbook or staring at a screen.

Finally, I can not wait to graduate because I can not wait to become the person I have always wanted to be. I have always emulated otheramazing people, and now I want to become just that! I want to become a teacher that my students look up to. I want to be the teacher the parents know they can come to about anything.I can not wait to decorate my own classroom to my heart’s desire, and I definitely can not wait to see my students’ bright and beautiful smiles every day.

I can not wait to graduate. I can not wait to feel free and feel like a real adult, but most importantly, I can not wait to be a teacher!