Why I Can't Pick A Candidate This Election Season

With Clinton vs. Trump, who do you vote for?

4
National Review

The election is everywhere from our conversations we have with our friends and families to the TV's we watch. It hasn't been something we can escape since the lengthy US election process starts way before the actual nominations. It brings up the question of who are you going to vote to be our next president.

You could love or hate or current President, but coming out of eight years of the same person causes most people to look for a change. For some people that is the Republican nominee, Donald Trump. His motto "Make America Great Again" has brought potential voters in along with his proposed security changes and outrageous things he says that appeal to certain people. The pro's to Donald Trump, he's a business man and has experience running his empire whether he has been successful or failed. The con to the republican nominee, he speaks without thinking and his demeanor is insulting to many different groups of people.

On the other hand you could vote for Hilary Clinton. The democratic nominee is known for being the right hand woman when her husband was in office. She's also known for her duties she fulfilled while being senator and her time as secretary of state. She is pushing many policies during her campaign including paid family leave and higher tax rates. These tax rates would help low and middle class families, but raise the taxes for the higher income households. A pro to voting for Hilary Clinton is she's has a lot of experience in government including her time as first lady, senator and her duties as Secretary of State to the first term of the Obama administration. The con to voting for democratic nominee is the lack of trust some people have in her. Although not proven guilty, she has lost credibility in her handling of her private email server and her part in the Benghazi attack.

There are other parties candidates to choose from, but these big ticket nominees are really where the country's attention lies. It has become the battle of two evils when deciding who to vote for this upcoming November. You can vote for Donald Trump and risk the idea of having no government experience among other things or vote for Hilary Clinton and not trusting the person who runs your country.

This election season the truth is I don't know who to vote for. I don't know who to rely on to run our country because the options aren't the best for me personally to pick from. To run an entire country is a lot of responsibility to give to one person and if you don't completely trust either of them how can you choose to honestly vote for them. Voting is incredibly important and we're so lucky to have the opportunity to vote, but this years options still leave me a little undecided.

I'm just another person who can't decide who to vote for in 2016. Thank goodness there's still a few months to make up my mind.