Stop Saying You're Moving To Canada

Stop Saying You're Moving To Canada

To Move, Or Not To Move

7
Stop Saying You're Moving To Canada

It’s official, Donald J. Trump is now the 45th forty-fifth president of the united states. The house is mostly republican, and soon so will the United States Supreme Court. It’s easy to think that this country is going to be led completely by republicans, but this country is mostly made up of two parties and needs such. Most democrats think that our government will be horrible because it's completely run by the other party, and republicans think the opposite.

If one party holds the majority in all three branches of government, and everyone shares the same opinions, then we start to lose the aspect of critical thinking. Diversity, argument, and disagreement leads to a deeper discussion and aims towards a goal of pleasing both parties. Despite the authority that the republicans have, the people still have power.

Many conservatives use the philosophy that one shouldn’t fix something that isn’t broken. That’s why they so firmly believe in the constitution, because it is the oldest written constitution in the world, and it has been working as a basis to sustain this country. Apply this philosophy to any technology. The steam engine was never broken, in fact, it was one of the most marvelous inventions of its time. Many kept challenging it despite that it was working so well. We innovated more and more throughout our history making advancements in every aspect of our lives in the prospect of becoming better than what we were.

There is no doubt that our current policies will keep working, and possibly for many years to come, but in my mind, almost anything can be improved. This line of thinking must seem rather curious coming from a conservative Trump supporter like myself.

If everyone agreed with everything that you believed in, then the world would be much simpler, but no one would be thinking anymore. This is why I don’t want everyone to be strictly conservative or liberal. There should be disagreement in the world and if we ever get to the point where everyone is content and believes that there is nothing more to better, then the world will be broken.

Leaving this country and taking up residence in Canada is the wrong route to take at this point in time for our country. The purpose of America is that if you disagree with something, you can change it. You are an American, and as an American, you can vote, join the military, petition the government become a writer, and enter into politics all to support what you believe in. There are a multitude of ways to get your opinion of what you think is right voiced and change the future. If you don’t agree with conservatism, stay and do whatever you can to make this country better for you and the American people. That is your right as an American.

- A conservative that wants you to disagree with him