Camp NaNoWriMo

Camp NaNoWriMo

I have begun working on Camp NaNoWriMo, so here is an introduction

17
Camp NaNoWriMo
BBC

So, this summer will be taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo. NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, which is November of each year and participants work to write 50,000 words in one month. Camp NaNoWriMo is similar to this but participants get to choose their own word count goal. Anything from 30 words to 999,999 words can be entered. One wins by completing their goal. Currently, I have my goal entered as 30,000 words, but I may move it up if I discover I am able to write more.

During this month and immediately following, my articles will include a lot about Camp NaNoWriMo as it will be a lot of what I will be thinking about. Once I am further into writing, I may include an excerpt from what I am writing or at least a summary.

Also part of Camp NaNoWriMo is cabins. These cabins are groups online which pledge to write whatever their given word count is. It is a community for support when you are struggling to write. The Writing Club at the College of Wooster has a cabin I am taking part in this summer.

I have started previous Camp NaNoWriMos but have never completed one, but I plan to have this year be different. I am very excited to write and I will be working on a story I have been excited to write for a while now.

I am excited to take part in this. Also terrified. As of right now, I am currently procrastinating writing by writing this article., so I should get to it. I can't wait to get to write about this experience to everybody who reads these articles, though. I better get to work on writing now.