Cameron Boyce Ascends The Stairway To Heaven
News

I know.. I can't believe it either.

1678

Cameron Boyce, a young Disney Channel star, beloved by young adults and adolescents, passed away July 6th, 2019; 39 days after celebrating his 20th birthday.

Cameron was mostly known for his role as Luke Ross on the Disney TV show, Jessie, lasting 4 seasons. He then moved on to play his role in the Disney movie franchise "Descendants" as Carlos, son of Cruella De Vil, which helped his career expand even further. His other work consists of his debut in the horror film "Mirrors" when he was only nine years old and, two years following, starred alongside Adam Sandler in "Grown Ups" as his son; all only grazing the surface of his acting career.

The cause of death for the young, beloved Disney Channel star was confirmed by his family as "an ongoing medical condition". Despite the condition was being treated, he passed away in his sleep due to a seizure. He was found by his family on the morning of July 6th and his family stated:

"The world is now undoubtedly without one of its brightest lights, but his spirit will live on through the kindness and compassion of all who knew and loved him."
"We are utterly heartbroken and ask for privacy during this immensely difficult time as we grieve the loss of our precious son and brother."

Disney Channel has expressed their thoughts of Cameron and their condolences to his family, friends, co-stars, and business colleagues:

"From a young age, Cameron Boyce dreamed of sharing his extraordinary artistic talents with the world. As a young man, he was fueled by a strong desire to make a difference in peoples' lives through humanitarian work. He was an incredibly talented performer, a remarkably caring and thoughtful person and, above all else, he was a loving and dedicated son, brother, grandson, and friend. We offer our deepest condolences to his family, cast mates, and colleagues and join his millions of fans in grieving his untimely passing. He will be dearly missed."

Cameron Boyce was extremely dedicated to his charity work such as a nonprofit organization that raised over $30,000 to build wells in Swaziland for clean drinking water. He was sponsored by the Thirst Project, honored with the Pioneering Spirit Award at the Thirst Gala, and provided an introduction for former Vice President Joe Biden at his Biden Courage Awards in March 2019.

Cameron was also scheduled to appear on a show on HBO, "Mrs. Fletcher", as a regular, and a spin-off of "American Satan" called "Paradise City". Despite his unfortunate, untimely death, we know that Cameron Boyce would have given the cast and crew his best work in both roles just as he had done in the past.

We go into tomorrow, a week from now, and years from now, in sadness and mourning for Cameron's death. His talent as a young actor was inspiring for adolescents, teens, and young adults alike to chase their dreams and believe that anything is possible. Cameron's passing is a great tragedy for his family, friends, and Disney Channel and he will be sorely missed.

To Cameron's family, my deepest condolences and prayers go out to you. May you heal from this painful time in your lives and continue spreading the love that Cameron would have. His memory will live on in older and younger generations alike and he will not be forgotten, but celebrated for his work, desires, and great achievements. Cameron is now amongst the angels and will be looking over and protecting all of you for the rest of your lives. Prayers and God bless.

Rest in peace, angel.