An Amazing Pumpkin Spice Cakes Recipe
food

Calling All Basic Girls: The Best Way To Make The Most Amazing Pumpkin Spice Cakes

Need a dessert recipe for your Thanksgiving gathering? Look no further.

16

What you'll need:

-Cooking spray

-2 cups all-purpose flour

-2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

-1 cup granulated sugar

-1 cup brown sugar packed

-3/4 cup vegetable oil

-1/2 cup applesauce

-15 ounce can pumpkin puree

-4 eggs

-1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

-1/2 cup heavy cream

-8 ounces white fondant

-gel food colors in shades of orange and green

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 6 cup mini Bundt pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
  3. In another bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, applesauce and oil.
  4. Add the pumpkin to the sugar mixture. Mix, then stir in the eggs, one at a time.
  5. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
  6. Fill each bundt 2/3 of the way full with batter. There will be batter left over for a second batch of cakes.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
  8. Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 5-7 minutes, then carefully invert the pan onto a cooling rack.
  9. Wipe out the Bundt pan with a paper towel, coat with cooking spray, and repeat the process with the remaining cake batter. There should be enough to fill up 4 more Bundt cakes.
  10. Bake the remaining Bundt cakes, and repeat the same cooling process as above.
  11. For the ganache, heat the heavy cream in a medium bowl in the microwave at 30-second intervals until very hot; cream should not be at a boil. Add the white chocolate chips to the bowl and mix until smooth. You may need to microwave the mixture for 10 seconds more if there are still lumps of chocolate after stirring. Add the copper icing color until desired shade is reached. Allow the ganache to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
  12. Spread approximately 2 teaspoons of ganache over the flat part of half of the cakes. Place the other half of the cakes on top to create 5 pumpkin shaped cakes.
  13. Drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons of ganache over the top of each cake.
  14. Add 1/4 teaspoon of the juniper green icing color to the fondant and knead until thoroughly combined. It is easiest to knead in smaller pieces. Add more icing color until your desired shade of green is reached.
  15. Press teaspoon sized pieces of fondant into a leaf-shaped silicone mold for a total of 10 leaves. If you don't have a mold, form the leaves by cutting the shapes with a small sharp knife.
  16. Using your hands, form 5 stem shapes out of the fondant. Each stem should be approximately 2-1/2" tall and 1" wide. Use a toothpick to create ridges on the stems.
  17. Place a fondant stem inside the hole of each bundt cake. Add two fondant leaves at the base of each stem. Store at room temperature until ready to serve. Cakes are best served on the day that they're made.
  18. And lastly... ENJOY!
  19. KXVO15

Related Articles Around the Web