We Are Called To Both

We Are Called To Both

We are called to make up the body of Christ in more ways then one.

13
We Are Called To Both
Public Domain
In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenistic Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows was being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, ‘It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.’ This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicator, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them. So the world of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number became obedient in the faith.” Acts 6:1-7 NIV

In the days of Acts, the Church was growing rapidly. Up to this point the only leaders in the church were the twelve apostles. Due to the overwhelming growth of the church, the apostles had stepped away from some of the duties we, as Christians, are called to do. We are called to serve in the church, spread the gospel, and pray earnestly.

We can’t forget to delegate tasks in the church, so we can do everything we are called to do. When everyone serves in certain areas of the Church, we make up the body of Christ. By doing this we are able to show Jesus to a lost world.

We are called to do both serve and preach the gospel. We need actions to prove that what we say we believe is true. But, if we never tell others of the Gospel, no one will ever hear the good news. This is why we must continue to do both. We have to do both, so a lost world can see the body of Christ through our actions and hear the good news through our words.