Call Your Mother, She Misses You

Call Your Mother, She Misses You

Even if it's just to ask how to get the smell of burnt popcorn out of your room.

514
Call Your Mother, She Misses You

We all know how moms are. They constantly are calling or texting you asking you a million questions, did you eat today?, are you wearing clean clothes?, did you do your laundry?, are you going to class? We all know what I'm talking about. Unless that;s just my mom, in that case I'm jealous of all of you.

I think something we all really forget when we leave for college is how much it affects her. Whether you're the oldest, the youngest, or the only. I don't think we take into account how hard it is for our moms to let go when we so desperately are trying to leave the nest. Then we get to college and realize how much they really did do for us, no matter how annoying it was. All of a sudden we're calling them because we don't even know how to do laundry, or we're calling them because we can't even figure out how to microwave popcorn without burning it. They all give us the same "who even raised you" speech about how we can't do anything ourselves, but moms love it.

We so desperately forget that for a large majority of our lives, we are the center of our mom's world. We're the ones they give everything up for. Their dreams get put on pause when we come into the picture. I think a lot of children don't understand that. Mom's really do have the best and hardest jobs in the entire world and it's not something that you can put on your resume.

They cry with us, they grow with us, they fail with us, but they succeed with us. But what happens when we leave? They never stop being mom. That's the thing. I can promise you I will still be calling my mom when I am 35, married with kids and my own little family, asking for help on how to get the baby to sleep. Moms never stop helping us. They never stop doing their job. They're the one person that we can call any time and know that they'll answer, they might be cranky if you call at 2 am, but still, she will answer.

Moms are the only ones that we can ever really count on in our lives. They never miss an important event, they never miss the big game, they never miss the dance show or the cheerleading competition. Because you are what is important to them. Not the event, you. Knowing that you can succeed and be good at something and being happy is all they want. But one thing moms won't ever understand is that, to us it's not about being at the game or being at the show, it's about making them proud.

So whether you're really close with your mom, like I am, or haven't spoken to your mom in weeks, call her. I promise you it will make her day. She won't let it on, but she misses you. You're everything to her, no matter how old we get. Call her, ask her how her day went, ask her how that new recipe that she's been meaning to try worked out, ask her about the damn weather for all I care. But pick up the phone and call her. It will make her entire day brighter knowing you were thinking about her.