The Time That BuzzFeed's Tasty Failed
food

The Time That BuzzFeed's Tasty Failed

When you try to make brownies from scratch.

40
The Time That BuzzFeed's Tasty Failed

So in Public Speaking, we had to do a speech where we were to demonstrate talent in three to five minutes. With it being the first big speech we ever did, I was like, "Let's do something big to show the TA that I can be a top student and it is my birthday week so let's bring food for the whole class like Elementary School." Then from there, it went to "It's a demonstration speech, so baking needs to be from scratch."

Let me say now I have never baked anything from scratch by myself except for one of my birthday cakes but I had my mom help with that and she basically the Queen of Baking.

So that then led to going on all recipe website and logging in to my account which to me felt like I was finally adulting at twenty years old. After seeing many recipes most of which had many terrible reviews or ingredients that I was confused about why it was needed for brownies a light bulb went off and I was like Buzzfeed Tasty. So after scrounging around on the Tasty website, I found the recipe called "The Best Fudgy Brownie" and after seeing that moment I was like "Yes! This is it" and the ingredient list looked normal and it had amazing reviews and a 95% rating for people making it again. Also, it came with a video so if I had any question I would just watch that with the directions to compare my batter to there.

When it came to making the brownies getting the batter to the right consistency was totally fine until the last step when you were told to fold the mix when it came to the dry ingredients and chocolate chunks. As if you were to stir you could end up with a cakey brownie instead of a fudgy one or if you fold too much also you would end with the same result. The first problem probably was I didn't have a big enough bowl. The second was probably I didn't mix enough over the fear of having a cakey brownie. Can we get a time estimate of how long to fold for that probably would have made a big difference?

When it came to the baking it got a little funky. They tell you to bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F which is a normal brownie baking temp but basically half of what a box brownie mix would give. So I did the said time and it was undercooked so back in the oven it went for fifteen minutes and it was still undercooked. So once again in the oven to come out and you know the answer already still not cooked all the way. Didn't stop me from still eating some as a brownie a brownie either way. (Disclaimer: I do not in any way recommend or support the consumption of raw food with egg in it due to the possibility of Salmonella). By this point after a few bites, I grabbed my dish of semi-cooked brownies and threw them away.

In conclusion, take what Tasty says with a grain of salt. As they may say do this and have it look like there picture but its probably not. And in the end, I had to do a demonstration about homemade brownies from scratch with nothing to show but me imaginary mixing ingredients and no final product to hand out.