You're Not Alone

As someone who has dealt with depression and anxiety for 5+ years, I truly understand what it is like to feel like you are entirely, morbidly, alone.

I know what it feels like when it seems as though you are drowning and everyone is just sitting around watching it happen. Believe me, I've been there and the biggest thing I learned when I came out of it, is IT IS NOT TRUE. I know what it feels like to sit in a room, even if there is a crowd of people, you still feel alone, completely nonexistent to them.

In all the stress and craziness that is life, we can get a little lost and feel really alone.

When we are dealing with our sadness, we put ourselves into a bubble, close ourselves up and refuse to let anyone in because it seems like the best thing to do, when it really is not. Closing ourselves up is the worst thing we can do, because we are just shielding our pain and not allowing any opportunity for anyone to help.

We have to learn how to let our wounds air out and heal.

It is okay to ask for help. It is okay to talk to someone about your problems.

You'll truly see how much love there is for you.

Depression has this effect on people . . . it makes us feel like no one cares, it dictates this thought in us for so long that we actually begin to believe it.

As cliche as this sounds, it really does get better. But, you have to help yourself for this to happen. Every day we are faced with problems, problems that only we can fight ourselves. No one can tell you what to eat that day, no one can tell you what to wear . . . those are your own choices. But let's face it, those don't really matter. The one that matters is choosing whether or not to get of bed, be a functioning human being, go to class, and spend time with friends. The one that matters is choosing to be awake or sleep your day away.

A lot of the time, we are so consumed with our own problems, our own demons. We've always been told by society that people don't want to hear your problems, but I am a strong believer that no one should have to face anything alone.

You may not realize it, but being and feeling alone will make you stronger. To face your demons and move on takes a special kind of person, and to recognize that yourself, that's one of the beauties of life.

There are currently 7.4 billion people in the world and you matter just as much as anyone one else.