My Bully Didn't Drag Me Down

My Bully Didn't Drag Me Down

It's been one year since my bully's plan backfired in their face.

15
My Bully Didn't Drag Me Down

High school kids may be aware of the app 'After School'. For those who are wondering what I am talking about, the After School app is an anonymous app that school kids use to tell their deep dark secrets without anyone knowing who it is. In order to use said app, you have to at least be in high school. The things that are posted on there are mainly childish things that middle schoolers would normally post relating to how hot someone is - at least, that's what I viewed it as.

Last year, I had downloaded it out of curiosity, just to see if anything about me was posted. There were one or two things that were somewhat flattering and that had been the only things that had been posted. At least, until January 27th, 2016. Among the comments about having a crush on someone lay a very hurtful post. It was a cyber-bullying post directed at me.

I've never been victim to very much bullying - especially not like this. Throughout school, I've always tried to fly under the radar and always tried to be nice to everyone. When I saw this, I didn't really know how to react. So, out of complete anger, I took to Facebook to call whoever this ignorant beast was. For those who cannot read what the post says:

"Excuse my vulgar language

Thank you to whoever posted this shit abut me on the after school app for pointing something that I already new out. (Note sarcasm) As if I'm not already insecure with myself and have a shitty self-esteem and realize that I'm the whale of the senior class.

Let's get one thing straight though: I am not pregnant.

I'm just the fat ass portrayed in this post. So thank you for embarrassing me and making me feel real fucking good, you heartless asshole. There's a special place in hell for people like you.

I could go on, but nobody cares about this anyway, so I'll quit."

Within a few hours, the post went viral throughout my small hometown. My Facebook friends were sharing it, friends of their friends were sharing it, friends of friends of friends were sharing it. Almost the entire community of New Richmond saw my call out to the bully. I received many messages and from my peers (both that I talked to and didn't) along with other New Richmondites. It surprised me just how many people actually cared about someone, whether they knew who they were or not.

I never found out who the person was that posted it. I have my assumptions, but that's all they will remain. My high school principal was more than willing to get the IT to find out who the culprit was. However, I didn't want to know. Some of the people that knew this thought that I was insane for not wanting to find out who it was. Two of my best friends wanted to give whoever it was a piece of their mind. But when they saw that I wasn't going back on my decision, everyone respected it. I didn't want to know. As I have stated in previous articles, I'm not the most popular girl in school and I tend to fly under the radar and not be known to people. So for someone that was a stranger know who I was didn't make much sense. I couldn't bear to find out that it could be someone that was close to me or someone that I knew. Enough pain was inflicted and I didn't want to inflict more.

It's been a year since this dreadful day. It helped me to realize just how cowardly some people are because they don't have the balls to say this same thing to my face or to even put their name on it. On the more positive side, it made me see just how supportive my community could be. It also made me a stronger person in a way. It still hurts to think or talk about it - I do get teary-eyed. But I know that it made me just a little bit stronger in some way.

For those that are reading this that sent me messages, comments, shared, or was there for support, I want to tell you that I appreciate your kindness so much and I will never ever forget it. You're all angels sent from above.