What Is A Bullet Journal And How To Start

"The Analog System for The New Age" - bulletjournal.com

66
Taylor Schoeni

Bullet Journals have made ways of organizing new again. The original way of bullet journal was a way of rapid logging, such as to do lists, tasks, or events. All kept in this journal. As more picked up their own bullet journal new ways slowly came about. Making the bullet journal innovative and something fun to do. Quickly the bullet journal has become whatever you make it. Which is perfect for the fast way of life and keeping everything organized. For me, my bullet journal has become a way of organizing my busy college schedule, while having something to be creative in, or even used as a notebook when needed. So I want to introduce you to the bullet journal and the best pinterest, youtube, and instagram pages to look at for when creating your own bullet journal. Plus where to start when getting your first bullet journal.

To start, what type of journal should you use? Personally, I use a hard cover Moleskine, with grid paper. There is also a dotted Moleskine, and another that is recommended is the Leuchtturm1917 dotted, which is slightly bigger than the Moleskines. However, you can create your own bullet journal in whatever journal you choose.

Some bullet journalists use specific pens for their bullet journal. The pens I use vary, for day to day stuff I use Staedtler Triplus Fineliners. For major titles, I use a calligraphy pen and for being artsy I use Kuretake Zig Twin Tip Marker, which on one end is a brush marker, then on the other just a marker. Another great everyday black pen to use is Faber-Castell Wallet Pitt Pen Nibs Art Set.

When it comes to finding inspiration for creating your bullet journal, a good beginning place is Mariana's Study Corner on youtube. She has a great video that goes over setting up a bullet journal, plus she has plenty more videos of staying organized. Other youtubers that are worth checking out are Boho Berry and Cheyenne Barton. Boho Berry has made countless bullet journals so she has a lot of great videos of setting up the journal.

Looking for more inspiration? Head on over to pinterest and and go to "Bullet Journal Junkies," a collective page where multiple bullet journalists pin or post great ideas. Another great way of finding spreads is just searching bullet journal in pinterest and it comes up with a lot of different spreads and ideas that can make any bullet journal great!

The next time you are scrolling through instagram check out these pages for even more inspiration or if you just want to see what others are creating for your own inspiration on creating spreads.

Mariana Vieira @marianavieirayt

Zoot @bulletjournaljoy

Courtney @bulletjournal_ideas

Bullet Journal Inspiration @bulletjournal_inspiration

Every bullet journal created is specific to the person making it, there are thousands of different spreads and ideas at there that will make your journal specific to you. Plus there will be your own momentums and ideas that will make the journal great!

For those who are interested about the beginning of the bullet journal and what the originals were like check out bulletjournal.com

I hope this article has inspired you to create your own bullet journal any way you see fit and adds great organization to your life, whether it be a busy one or not.