The First Date!

The First Date!

Is Liam Like Any Other Guy? Or Is He The One?
14

Rebecca's Point of View:

Tonight's the big night! I don't know why I'm so excited to go on a date but there's some things different about Liam. I still feel awful that I rejected Mr. Brooks, but I'm hoping this date will take my mind off from it. It's getting close to seven and I'm starting to feel more nervous than excited. Questions keep going through my head... Am I making the right choice? Could he be the one? Is he just like all the other guys I dated? Will he break my heart? Is this the right time to start dating since I'm new to this town? As all of these thoughts go through my mind the doorbell rings. I know it's Liam and I try to stay calm and collected. When I open the door he is smiling and looks dashing in his suite. He escorts me to his truck and opens the door like a gentleman.

On our way to the restaurant, we start talking about our interests and hobbies. I noticed we have a lot of things in common, which made me at ease. Once we get to the restaurant, and the host escorts us to our table and Liam pulls out a chair for me so I can sit. As I look through the menu all of it seems really delicious but seems really expensive.

Liam says, "What are you going to order?"

"I'm not quite sure yet. But I'm deciding between two dishes: Beef Wellington or Baked Salmon."

"Well, the Baked Salmon sounds good!"

"Yea! I'll have the same." As we wait for our food, we continue to talk and he tells me stories that make me laugh. I noticed he has a very nice smile and an adorable laugh.

But then he asks me a question that catches me off guard, “Were you and Mr. Brooks ever an item?”

“No! I just moved here not that long ago. I don’t have any interest in him.”

“Oh, I didn’t mean to offend you, but it seems like he likes you more than a co-worker.”

“No, Mr. Brooks is only my co-worker and my boss. There going on between us. He’s never shown any interest in me, and I don’t think he will any time soon.”

Liam’s Point of View:

When I heard Rebecca say that Mr. Brooks isn’t interested in her, I felt relieved. If he did have feelings for her it would be a tough competition, but I would come out on top. She looks amazing in her dress, it’s hard to focus because her beauty is unlike any other woman I’ve ever seen. Every time I look at her I get lost in her eyes. The date went very well and I can’t wait to see her again.

As I drop her off at her apartment, I open the passenger side door to let her out. I walk her to the door and have an urge to kiss her, but I’m not sure if she wants me to. We stand there awkwardly for a moment, but she starts to lean in closer, and I take that as the signal. We both share a kiss goodnight and she waves goodbye.

I felt that there was a spark between us, and it was the best night of my life! I can’t wait to see her again because I think she might be the one. But one thing keeps bothering me, I can’t help but feel that Mr. Brooks has feelings for her and might take her away from me.