6 Things To Remember If You're Going Through A Breakup
relationships

1. You're going to be OK.

536
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtB1b5Mg0x5/

13reasonswhy | Instagram

These are things I wish someone had told me. I remember being in middle school, going through my first ever "breakup" and being so "heartbroken," I almost told my mom. I wasn't allowed to date back then, and for a good reason obviously. I didn't even know what love even was.

However, I still wish I'd had a friend or two to give me a hug or lend me a shoulder to cry on. I wish I could go back in time, back to high school, and give better advice to my old high school friends. I watched as each of them went through their own heartbreaks, wasting tears over a guy they probably don't even remember now.

I wish I could be that big sister or best friend to all of you girls out there, crying themselves to sleep over a guy who couldn't care less.

But I'm not, and if you're going through a breakup and don't have a kickass best friend to be there for you, consider myself your Internet bestie. Here are 6 things you need to remember and remind yourself every day:

1. You're going to be OK 

Obviously, it's easier said than done. However, it's true. You will be okay. At the end of the day, it just wasn't meant to be. And it's better you break up now and move on then later on down the road. Everything happens for a reason. Time heals all wounds, even the deepest cuts.

2. Everything happens for a reason 

As I said, everything happens for a reason. Maybe it just wasn't the right time (or person). Maybe you just aren't in the right place for a relationship. Maybe they're not in the right place for a relationship. Regardless, it happened. So, the best thing you can do for yourself is accepting it and start your healing process.

3. Give yourself time to heal 

Don't jump back out there and sleep with every guy (or girl) you meet. Don't make innocent boys or girls your rebound (unless they're OK with that). Sure, you probably want to get back out there and get your mind off of he-who-shall-not-be-named, but you need time to heal. So, let yourself heal.

4. Allow yourself to love again 

This is a hard one, but when you do feel ready (you'll know when you are), let yourself love again. Don't hold onto hope that your ex-boo thang will come running back to you. You deserve to love and be loved.

5. You are capable of love and being loved 

Remember you are capable of loving someone because you probably loved your last very much. And just because it didn't work out with them, doesn't mean it won't work out with the next guy.

6. You're still a badass b*tch 

No matter what, you are still a badass b*tch. Remember that.