Incomprehensible Love

Incomprehensible Love

I sat down and talked with my ex boyfriend and asked him his thoughts on love after recently breaking up with me. These were his thoughts.

244
Incomprehensible Love

What is love? Is it something so simple as to define it would cover its whole story. Throughout the history of time love has been the subject of art, poems, books, movies, and pretty much everything. Love is defined as an intense feeling of deep affection. This however doesn't even begin to explain it. It isn't simply another emotion like happiness or sadness. It has so many emotions behind it.

Honeymoon love. That's the love everyone wants yet hates to see it on others. Don't you hate that annoying couple who always kisses and holds hands and is blatant about their two week long relationship. Yet, if you're alone, doesn't a part of you also wonder why someone doesn't look at you like that? Why doesn't someone make you smile like that? Older generations will tell you love is simple and that it doesn't happen so fast or it has to be done a certain way. This is a complete lie. The truth is there is no set way it's done.

Love hits real hard when it goes deeper. After the first big fight, the makeup, how one another manages/reacts. It goes deeper by knocking things off your bucket list with that one person. Sometimes it goes deeper when a tragedy strikes and one consoles the other. When you can fully trust someone and then support them and it is mutual, the feeling is out of this world. Some people dont let go the importance of this and stay together forever, while others forget.

Breaking up. The classics. "There's plenty of fish in the sea" or "Some things aren't meant to be". These are often truthful, however don't give much help to someone who is heartbroken. Being there is a dark place no matter why or how you get there. Cheating, lying, or just falling out of love can all lead to this. The point is that it isn't the end of the world, it's the end of that relationship.

Moving on can be a difficult task. Waiting the appropriate amount of time as well as deciding when you are mentally stable to try again or just move on as a human being can be very challenging. It is debatable one of the biggest existential challenges you'll ever face. Some people find it easy while some don't. It can be as simple as rebounding, or figuring out how to be happy again.

All of the above paragraphs are direct quotes from my once boyfriend. We agreed to be friends and to remain in contact. After he wrote all of the above, he looked at me and had a sparkle in his eye. It gave me hope that one day we can be together again, but alas, I lied too much during our relationship about stupid things.

Here's some advice for all of you love birds out there- don't lie to your significant other, no matter if you think the truth will hurt them, the truth will always be better than lie. I truly loved this boy and I have the deepest respect for him. I really hope we end up together sometime in the future, but if we do not, I hope he finds a girl who makes him the happiest person alive.