25 Quotes You Need To Hear After Your Breakup

"He is not the sun. You are."

2560
25 Quotes You  Need To Hear After Your Breakup

1. "Someday you're gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You'll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.." - Elizabeth Gilbert

2."Someone can be madly in love with you and still not be ready. They can love you in a way you have never been loved and still not join you on the bridge. And whatever their reasons you must leave. Because you never ever have to inspire anyone to meet you on that bridge. You never have to convince someone to do the work to be ready. There is more extraordinary love, more love that you have never seen, out here in this wide and wild universe. And there is the love that will be ready." - Nayyirah Waheed

3. "One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up." - Mandy Hale

4. “He loved me. He loved me, but he doesn't love me anymore, and it's not the end of the world." - Jennifer Weiner

5. "Do not let what he wants eclipse what you need. He is not the sun. You are." - Cristina Yang

6. “I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.” - Elizabeth Gilbert

7. "I will never apologize for having too much soul, being too emotional or having too much love to offer. You weren't capable of handling my kind of love and that is your issue not mine." - Katiavilla

8. “Don’t be flattered that he misses you. He should miss you. You are deeply missable. However, he’s still the same person who just broke up with you. Remember, the only reason he can miss you is because he’s choosing, every day, not to be with you.” - Greg Behrendt

9. "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." - Liz Taylor

10. "I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade." - Iris Simpkins

11. “It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away.” - Elizabeth Gilbert

12. “Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, Every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.” - Greg Behrendt

13. "Sweetheart, the right guy will make you a priority. If you find yourself feeling like you're not good enough, it's because he's not good enough." - Steve Marshall

14. “Breakups have a way of shaking us awake and helping us see what we really want vs. what we are willing to settle for.” - Mandy Hale

15. “Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it, but also the father who wipes away the tears.” - Criss Jami

16. “I'm choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I'm making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.” - Elizabeth Gilbert

17. “But what I can do is paint you a picture of what you’ll never see when you’re with a guy who’s really into you: You’ll never see you staring maniacally at your phone, willing it to ring. You’ll never see you ruining an evening with friends because you’re calling for your messages every fifteen seconds. You’ll never see you hating yourself for calling him when you know you shouldn’t have. What you will see is you being treated so well that no phone antics will be necessary. You’ll be too busy being adored.” - Greg Behrendt

18. "That’s how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can’t breathe, that’s how you survive. By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won’t feel this way. It won’t hurt this much." - Izzie Stevens

19. "You deserve to be with someone who would move mountains for you if he had to." - Blair Waldorf

20. “You are, after all, what you think. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.” - Elizabeth Gilbert

21. "No girl should ever forget that she doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her." - Marilyn Monroe

22. "Closure happens right after you accept that letting go and moving on is more important than projecting a fantasy about how the relationship could've been." - Sylvester McNutt

23. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it...” - Nicholas Sparks

24. “You can obsess and obsess over how things ended—what you did wrong or could have done differently—but there's not much of a point. It's not like it'll change anything. So really, why worry?” - Jess Rothenberg

25. “Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope." - Elizabeth Gilbert