Thank You For Being My Boyfriend And Best Friend

Anyone can be a boyfriend, but it takes a special guy to be both a boyfriend and a best friend.

523
Alison Ervin

Whenever I do something, he is the first one I want to tell. We tell each other about our entire day play-by-play and yes, this includes trivial things like stopping at Starbucks for water. We're so close that we can eat food off of each other's plates.

Same goes for stealing his t-shirts to sleep in or hats to wear. It doesn't matter who pays for what. What's mine is mine and what's his is, well, also mine. We have tons of inside jokes. It's like we speak our own private language.

Sometimes it feels like there is no one else on this earth besides us because we are in our own little bubble. We never run out of things to talk about - whether it is life, education, theories, gossip, advice, etc. After our first date, we stayed up all night talking to each other because we didn't want to say goodbye.

With your best friend, nothing is off limits. You know you're comfortable in front of someone when they're in the bathroom shaving and don't mind peeing with them there. We always joke around with each other, but also know how and when to be serious, too. He's always there to calm me down or cuddle with me when I'm on my period. It's hard to fight with him because there's no need to.

I know I can tell him anything. A boyfriend who is also your best friend will tell you his honest opinion, whether you will like what he has to say or not. A boyfriend who is also your best friend will see you at you worst and still accept you for who you are. He will act silly with you and love you no matter what.

If you're lucky enough to have a boyfriend and best friend in the same person, never let go. This is the best kind of relationship.