My Boyfriend Is My Best Friend And That's Absolutely Okay

My Boyfriend Is My Best Friend And That's Absolutely OK

When you have a close relationship like ours, you don't really need other friends or to do anything else.

1101
Couple
Christina Eng

My boyfriend is my absolute best friend. He is the best thing to ever happen to me. We see each other in every free moment we have. Even when life gets busy, we make time for each other no matter what. We make each other happy, and we want as much happiness as we can get.

People (mostly my mom) will ask me, "Don't you get sick of each other?" And the answer to that is: never! When you have a close relationship like ours, you don't really need other friends or to do anything else. Your relationship gives you everything you need and more. Comfort, stability, reciprocation, and, of course, love.

Life together never gets boring, regardless of us being settled into a little routine every week. We have fun doing literally everything from lying around watching Netflix to exploring new places together. We make an effort to like what the other likes. I go to sporting events for him, and he comes to concerts and shows for things that I'm into (see you soon, Ari).

Maybe you don't think that it's healthy to spend so much time with your significant other, but I do.

In fact, I think it makes our relationship so much stronger. We have an unbreakable bond and a close friendship, something that I wouldn't trade for the world.

At the end of the day, I know that I have a best friend who always puts me first, who loves me no matter what and is always there for me. I have never had a friend like that before, and it makes a world of difference in my level of happiness. I can't wait to see what the future holds for my forever best friend and me.