Fans Boycotting Mulan, Because Of A Tweet. (9/9)

Protesting is one thing, but when you break the law, you are going to get the consequences that go along with it.

27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUlKQEzffKg

Disney has been making all of their classic movies into live-action films that people are loving. Fans are ecstatic that they get to see their favorite Disney films come to life. Well now that Disney has made the live-action version of Mulan, fans at first were so excited, until Mulan Star, Liu Yifei, Tweeted that she expressed support for the Hong Kong police.

So now fans are calling for a boycott of the movie because of that Tweet. There is a lot going on in China. Pro-Democracy Protest has been going on in Hong Kong for three months. Hong Kong's Chief Executive Carrie Lam introduced a bill that would allow for criminal extraditions to mainland China. Lam is backed by the mainland government, and pro-democracy advocates fear the bill would allow Beijing to punish dissidents more easily and forcefully.

This is dealing with the people of China, not America, and just because she voiced her support of what is going on there, the movie is being boycotted. This is her business, not the fans. If they are not experiencing what is going on there, then it should not affect them or stop anyone from going to see the movie.

Protestors at Hong Kong"s airport clashed with police and for the past few months, protestors have been pepper-sprayed, tear-gassed, and the police have used rubber bullets. But if these protestors are not following the law and are disrupting the peace and fighting with the police, then the cops are doing their job. Furthermore, they are not using anything fatal.

Now several organizations are speaking out against the Hong Kong Government and police, like the United Nations Human Rights Office, and Amnesty International. They have condemned the police because they are using force against the protestors. What else should they do, tell them, "no you can't do that, so move along?" That's not how the law works.

It's just like here in the US. People think they can get away with everything, and that when people protest and are violent, the police shouldn't get involved; and if they do, they shouldn't use force.

People who get injured in these protests, no matter where it is, do so because they are being stupid and are not following the law. You can protest without breaking the law and without violence, but I don't see society changing no matter what country you live in.