For Every Girl Who Has Ever Let A Boy Waste Her Time

This Is For Every Girl Who Has Ever Let One Boy Waste Too Much Of Her Time

Regrets and mistakes, they're memories made.

249
Personal Photo

Girl, it's OK to admit that you have wasted your time on a boy or two.

We've all been there.

But, you don't have to regret the memories you have made with them. Most times, it happens when you're young in high school and college.

For me, it took up most of my time during high school. It was the type of relationship that was on again-off again. Looking back at it, I regret giving him so much of my time. I ruined a potential relationship that could've been something, but as soon as he shot me a text or snapped me, I was right there with him again. Now, thinking back about it all I ask myself, 'what if?'

I can't explain why there was a pull to always go back to him. I could never put my finger on it. I don't know if it was the fact that he was an older guy. Or he was cute. I had a good time with him.

It was the simple things of driving around the small town we lived while listening to music, hanging out at the park, talking and watching movies.

We never had a label, maybe that was the problem. I had mixed emotions throughout the whole time of being with him.

Looking back at the time spent with him, I realize I never saw a future with him. I wish I saw this when I was with him because maybe the time with him wouldn't have been so long and drawn out.

I'm at the point in my life that when I find myself in a new relationship, it will be the end game. The person that I will grow old with. I don't want to be with someone if I can't see myself with them in the long run or I don't want them to meet my family and friends.

Look at your current relationship or think about your future relationship. Do you see yourself with them? Want to live the rest of your life with them? Introduce them to your family?

If the answer is no, then why bother?

You may be in a place where you want to have fun and live a little without being committed to someone, then I say go for it, but that is not for me.

Just please don't waste too much on a guy if he is not the one for you.