To the Boy Who Never Gave Me a Chance

To the Boy Who Never Gave Me a Chance

"Take a chance because you never know how perfect something might turn out." -J-Cole

41
To the Boy Who Never Gave Me a Chance

I could have loved a boy like you, but you never gave me the chance. It was nice while it lasted, which was not very long. You did not get the chance to see me, the real me. You saw someone struggling with all the aspects of the world around her. Struggling in school, struggling with family, and struggling to figure out who she really wanted to be. You said you would be there on the bad days and the good. I should have known that was a lie, but I believed such sweet words anyway. I believed that maybe I had found someone to bring happiness back into my life. I believed that I had found someone to be there when the struggling became too much to handle. I believed that I had found something to believe in again. You made a liar out of me and little did I know then that I would just struggle even more when you left. I used to wear your sweatshirt, but you will never guess why. I wore it to sleep in at night because it gave me some sort of hope. If someone like you would even turn your head at someone like me, then maybe I was not as bad as I thought. "Maybe there are greater things ahead," I told myself before I fell asleep at night. It gave me hope that one day the struggles would fade. It gave me hope that I could be apart of something amazing, again. It gave me hope that love was out there for me. All that hope was another lie. It left just as easy as you did. There were times I tried to rekindle what was left of us. I was left out to dry, along with all my hope. I will no longer make that mistake. It is a shame you only saw me when I was struggling. It is a real shame because you never saw the good parts of me, the parts that you would have loved.