My Boston Bucket List

My Boston Bucket List

With cannolis only at the bottom of the list, you're sure to find exciting things to do in the city of Boston.

157
My Boston Bucket List
No Camels

The great city of Boston holds many precious gems within its realms. I truly believe that you can't experience a city to its greatest potential without appearing at least somewhat touristy. I dare you to embrace your inner tourist (maybe ditching the socks and flip flops, though) and check things off of this Boston bucket list.

1. Attend a Red Sox Game.

I’m not much of a baseball fan, so putting this at the top of my list may seem strange, but I’m in the heart of Red Sox Nation here! I’ve heard that nothing beats the ambiance of watching the Sox live with a hot dog in one hand and a beer in the other (even though I personally can’t consume either of them). Sounds like quite an experience!

2. Swing around at the Lawn on D Street.

I love swings. Even through high school, I would frequent the swings when I needed time to think. The Lawn on D Street has these beautiful glowing swings that are so picturesque that I can’t see why anyone would ever want to leave.

3. Walk the Freedom Trail.

For someone who’s gone to college just outside of Boston, I really haven’t seen much of the historic city. The freedom trail has 16 different historic sites to see, and I know I’ve been missing out on really getting to know Boston if I haven’t walked the Trail.

4. Try a gluten-free donut that doesn't come out of the freezer.

Boston truly has every type of food imaginable. From the North End and their plethora of delicious and mouthwatering Italian foods, to Mexican food (Anna’s Taqueria anyone?), Boston has it all. Kane’s Donuts in Boston has at least 15 flavors of donuts, but they have two flavors of gluten free donuts: glazed and chocolate glazed. What more could you ask for? (I mean, probably a strawberry frosted, but I’m so okay with glazed).

5. Browse the Brattle Book Shop.

I’ve been a bookworm my whole life. Used books, to me, aren’t necessarily a lesser product than their newer counterparts. I love receiving a book with an old inscription from the previous owner, because it often tells a story within the story I’ve picked up. Brattle Book Shop is one of the oldest used bookstores, and it looks like a dream to me.

6. Get a drink at Top of the Hub.

Located at the top of the Prudential Center, Top of the Hub is the definition of classy. Top of the Hub is the restaurant that college students yearn to celebrate graduation dinner at, so I would settle for grabbing a (relatively expensive) drink in their lounge. I wouldn’t argue with a waiter if they wanted to bring me an appetizer alongside my drink, though.

7. Go to the New England Aquarium.

I come from the land of Mystic Seaport and Mystic Aquarium. It takes a bit to impress us, but the New England Aquarium is a must-see on the Boston bucket list. Plus, it’s literally called the New England Aquarium, so how can you call yourself a New Englander if you’ve never been to this aquarium? I guess you can’t.

8. Go on a Duck Tour.

Taking a tour of Boston takes on a whole new meaning when you’re on a Duck Boat! They call their drivers conDUCKtors, and you get a tour of the Charles River from the actual river, since the boat is “amphibious”, as they call it. After you hit up the New England Aquarium, you can hop right into a Duck Tour; it sounds like the ultimate experience.

9. Eat at Wicked Good Cupcakes.

I have three words: cupcakes in jars. And now I raise you five words: gluten free cupcakes in jars. When did life get so cool?

We should always be looking for fun and innovative ways to eat and enjoy our food, and with mason jars perpetually making all food and drink better, it just makes sense. This Shark Tank winner looks like an even bigger winner in my heart, and in my stomach.

10. Ride the swan boats

I’ve only had one Boston Common experience, but until one rides the swan boats, have you ever really had a Boston Common experience? (I honestly don’t know, that’s why I’m asking the big questions here).

For three dollars, I feel no room for regret.

11. Get a cannoli from Mike's Pastry.

Although something I personally have experienced, you have not been to Boston if you haven't had a cannoli from Mike's Pastry. If you want to be a proper tourist, do yourself a favor and pop by the bakery.