Everyone Should Learn This Millennial Thing

Something Everyone Needs To Learn From Millennials And Gen Z-ers

We need to break the barriers between the generations.

42
baby boomers vs millennials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1eB--DsKfI

There has been a divide between the Baby Boomer generation and the Millennial/Gen Z generation ever since Millennials and Gen Z's have come into the adult world and begun to make a life for themselves. As someone who fits into the age group for Gen Z (usually mid-'90s to early 2000s), I have seen how different the generations are. The biggest comparison between the Boomers and Millennials/Gen Z's is how the two groups handle money. It is widely known that most Boomers have a house and are financially stable whereas most Millennials, and those in Gen Z who are adults, are concerned about their debt since most are in the range of have graduated college to just entering college. However, being anxious about money and debt isn't what people should be learning from the younger generations.

baby boomer

In reality, what people should be learning from them is how to act. In my own job, as well as others that I have talked to, agree that Millennials/Gen Z's are much more accepting and sympathetic to people who work in retail, food service or anything that has customer service. Why is this? In my own understanding as a Gen Z, even before working in food service, I could understand how people make mistakes. We're all human. So why do I need to yell at someone who's at a job trying to make ends meet about how my food has a little mistake or that I've been waiting at the register while they've been doing another task? There is no reason to. Yet Boomers will come into restaurants and retail places and make the lives of those working there miserable.

Now, not every Millennial/Gen Z or Boomer fits their stereotype. There are many Millennials/Gen Z's who are completely rude, disrespectful and inconsiderate and there are Boomers who are just as nice or even nicer than Millennials/Gen Z's. When it comes to the overall sense of things, however, it is more commonly seen that Millennials/Gen Z's are more considerate to people who work in retail or food services. Although, if I get bad enough service somewhere, you can bet that I will rage like a Boomer.