8 Must-Have Gifts For The Bookworm In Your Life

Add some extra creativity by buying something other than a Barnes and Noble gift card this year.

81
Photo by Ed Robertson on Unsplash

Christmas is right around the corner, which means that the anxiety of finding the perfect gift for friends and family has arrived. For all the book-lovers out there, it is the season of Barnes and Noble gift cards galore! Before I begin, let me tell you there is nothing ever wrong with giving a gift card. Those things are like gold. However, if you're interested in getting your favorite book-lover something different that's not a book mug or tote bag, stick around for some ideas!

1. Consider a hard cover set of their favorite series.

This is one of the easiest and best gifts! Hardcover sets are fairly easy to come by and also the perfect edition to one's personal library. Paperback books have a tendency to start falling apart once they've been read too many times. Not only do hardcovers last longer, but you can get a very beautiful boxed set with it.

2. Try a limited edition or special anniversary copy!

If you still want to buy a book for your loved one, but maybe not the whole series, a special edition of any book is the way to go! Typically, these books have notes from the author and beautiful covers. They will make any book-lover fall in love all over again. I can personally attest to the fact that these are great gifts. I literally protect my 50th Anniversary Edition of S.E. Hinton's "The Outsiders" with my life. These versions are so personal and can help you feel connected to books even more.

3. Look into a book-of-the-month subscription box!

Let me tell you about these wonderful boxes. If you have a loved-one that always struggles to pick out what book they want to read next, then this is the gift to get them. Not only are there a large variety of genres to choose from, but there's also a variety of boxes to try out. Some of them come with accessories and décor, among other little trinkets that are themed around the book! This is the perfect gift for any book nerd because not only do they get the cool gift, but you don't have to stress out about what's in the box because it's all done for you. I highly recommend this as a fellow book-lover!

Try out these popular subscription boxes!

Book of the Month

Owl Crate

The Book(ish) Box

4. Buy an 100 Books to Read Scratch Off Poster

This is a gift if you're not feeling like giving your reader a book. It's simple, but really fun for any reader to see how many books they can read!

100 Books Scratch Off from Uncommon Goods

5. Find some clip-on bookmarks!

If you're looking for a stocking stuffer, here is the gift to get. One of the worst things to happen while reading is when your flimsy bookmark falls out and you lose your place in your book. However, with these clip-on book marks, you don't have to worry about that problem. You can also pick up on the exact sentence where you left off reading! These come in a large variety of themes, shapes and colors, so they're sure to make any book-lover smile.

Harry Potter Bookmarks

Hallmark Box of Donuts

6. Gift a character candle!

Alright, this gift is one of the more unique ones you could get. For the most part, you can get them off Etsy and can have them personalized to absolutely any character of your choosing. They're simple and endearing! If you're looking for a cute gift, this is it. These candles come in a large variety of characters from nearly any book and are sure to warm the heart of your favorite reader.

Son of Poseidon Percy Jackson Candle

Once Upon a Time Scented Candle

7. Consider a gift certificate from an independent bookstore.

When in doubt, a gift certificate is the way to go! However, if you're not into Barnes and Noble, then go to your local independent bookstore and grab a certificate from there. Not only are you supporting small businesses, but these bookstores tend to have some content from upcoming authors. This is perfect if you want something a little more special, but also want to give your loved ones more freedom with their gifts.

8. Try giving them your favorite book!

This is probably one of the most overlooked Christmas gift ideas ever. Bookworms enjoy talking about books, and they feel connected when doing so. By sharing your favorite book, it gives us a little glimpse of your world, which is extremely meaningful! If you want to go the extra mile ,add little notes into the book. As they read it, they can know your thoughts. This is probably one of the sweetest gifts you could give.

Happy holidays and happy reading!