Bold Predictions For Season 4B of The Fosters

The Season 4A finale was explosive, now let's try to figure out what will happen next

63
The Fosters Wikia

WARNING: THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM SEASON 4 OF THE FOSTERS, PRIMARILY FROM THE MID-SEASON FINALE "COLLATERAL DAMAGE". READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This show just keeps getting better and better. After watching the latest episode of Freeform's hit series The Fosters, I was just in awe and shock of everything that had happened. So much went down and it all ended with major cliffhangers.

With so many cliffhangers and The Fosters having a tendancy to be unpredictable, I thought it would be fun to try make some predictions for the second half of season 4, especially since the next new epiosdes won't hit the air until Janurary. Here are some of the bold predictions I came up with after watching the Season 4A finale, "Collateral Damage":

Jesus dies and Nick goes to prison for murder

That final blow Nick delivered at the end of the episode was chilling. When Jesus was hit in his damaged forehead and collapsed in the grass, I reacted aloud. The whole situation became even more tragic when a shocked and distraught Stef ran to her son’s aide, fearing for his life. Well, the tragedy will likely continue in season 4B, for I think that Jesus will become the first major character of the series to bite the dust. The Fosters has avoided killing off major characters for three and a half seasons so far, but I feel that streak will come to an end. In addition to that, Nick will go to prison for Jesus’ death, because Stef would work relentlessly against him, even if he pleads that he acted in self-defense.

Mariana’s dark place becomes even darker

This conclusion is pretty obvious. The actress who played Mariana once stated that Mariana will go to a dark place after the shooting that had happened in the season 4 premiere. Well, she’s been to that dark place, but she’s not done just yet. Whether Jesus lives or dies, Mariana will continue on what has been a downward spiral for her. Yes, she won the robotics tournament recently, but compared to everything else she’s dealing with, that victory still seems pretty minor. This whole thing with Nick really took a toll on her and now she’s learned that another boyfriend of hers’ will be going away. The timing of everything had been horrible for Mariana and I do feel very sorry for her character.

Callie gets held hostage by grandson of victim

Callie’s going to learn the hard way not to get into cars with strangers. Based on the way the episode ended, signs are pointing to Troy Johnson as the killer of Martha Johnson (his own grandmother!!). After Troy tricked Callie getting into a car with him, that’s when Aaron called with the information that the DNA on the murder weapon could possibly be from a family member. If Troy really is the killer, I don’t doubt that he’s going to do what it takes to keep Callie silent, even if it means holding her hostage.

Doug Harvey continues to harass Sophia about Callie’s break in

I have no idea why Doug Harvey decided to follow who he thought was the girl that broke into his house. That seems like something a killer would do to hide his tracks. But if he isn’t the killer, then why did he act like that? He might be hiding something else. Or he could be mentally ill. Either way, someone with his personality won’t give up after one attempt. And if the next episode picks up right where the finale left off, I think Doug Harvey will go after Sophia again, especially since Callie is gone and the two of them look so much alike.

Brandon rejoins Someone’s Little Sister

Since Brandon won’t be going to Julliard any time soon, but he will be graduating high school in a little bit, he’ll have to live his love for piano somehow. That being said, I don’t think it’s entirely impossible that he rejoins the band to become a professional musician straight out of high school. The only thing that could really get in the way of that is traveling.

Mariana gets sent to rehab

This was a very rough episode for Mariana. She also didn’t handle her problems very well. She continued to pop Jesus’ pills and downed the remainder of the beer Matt had after learning he was going to school in Boston. She may not get sent to rehab right away, but if and when her dark place becomes even darker and she continues to use drugs and alcohol as a way to make her problems go away, then she will end up there. Plus, it’ll give her a new way to relate to Ana.

Callie goes back to juvie

I knew Justina Marks wasn’t gone for good! It didn’t surprise me she sent her people to get signatures at the same place on the same day Callie was getting signatures for her own petition. Obviously, Marks figured out that her mail was opened which was how Marks was exposed as being a fraud. But she also threatened to have Callie arrested. Once the Foster Care reform starts to come back to the storyline, I think we’ll see Callie sent to juvie again because Marks will stay true to her word.

Jude loses his virginity to Noah

Jude’s been avoiding having sex, which I feel is one of the reasons he and Connor called it quits. However, he and Noah seem to be having a lot more fun, especially since they’re getting high together all the time. I’m not sure where the two of them went during the festival, but at some point later on, I think Jude will give in and finally have sex with Noah.