- If it isn’t clear, the Cleveland Browns will not keep the “Believeland” magic and make the playoffs.
- However, the Browns will not be 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions. In fact, they will finish 1-15 by beating the Cincinnati Bengals, and secure the #1 overall pick (what a lucky guy).
- Bears (2-14) lose out on the #1 pick lottery by beating San Francisco (2-14) in Week 13.
- Bears clean house with Jay Cutler and John Fox.
- Ravens fire John Harbaugh after a 5-11 record.
- Bengals will not make the playoffs (9-6-1), and Marvin Lewis will be on the hot seat going into 2017.
- Jets do just good enough to not have a top 5 draft pick and finish 7-9.
- Rams finish 5-11 after starting the season 3-1. “8-8 Jeff Fisher” will never coach in the NFL ending in LA in 2016.
- The Colts finish 4-12 and barely avoid last place in the division by beating the Jags in week 17.
- Cardinals (8-7-1) and Panthers (6-10) will not make the playoffs.
- “Carson Wentz Show” in Philly finishes 8-8 and misses the playoffs.
- Houston Texans miss out on back-to-back AFC South championships by one game (9-7).
- New England would have gone 16-0 if they had Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski the whole season. However, they’ll have to settle for 15-1.
- Cowboys come back down to reality and finish 11-5. Continue the NFC East champion carousel for another year.
- Tony Romo will come back from injury to start a couple games and lose his job with the Redskins, embarrassing the Cowboys, while America is stuffing its face on Thanksgiving. Zeke wins Rookie of the Year.
- The Titans (10-6) win the division for the first time since 2008 but do not win a playoff game, sorry Titans fans.
- The Oakland Raiders (10-6) squeak into the playoffs for the first time since 2002, and leave Oakland, on their way to becoming high rollers in Las Vegas, officially winners.
- Three AFC West teams make the playoffs: Chiefs (11-5), Broncos (10-6), and Raiders.
- Washington Redskins (10-5-1) not only make the playoffs in back-to-back years for the first time since 1991-1992 but win a playoff game. Kirk Cousins signs a long term deal keeping him in Washington. (Yes, I am a Redskins fan, and yes I am extremely optimistic. Sorry not sorry.)
- Ties are unacceptable NFL; the NFL needs to bring in a college style overtime. Put the ball on the 35 or 40 and let each team get the ball. Play until someone wins... pretty simple.
See playoff and Super Bowl predictions below.
NFC Playoff Picture
- Minnesota Vikings (13-3)
- Seattle Seahawks (11-4-1)
- Dallas Cowboys (11-5)
- Atlanta Falcons (10-6)
- Washington Redskins (10-5-1)
- Green Bay Packers (10-6)
AFC Playoff Picture
- New England Patriots (15-1)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)
- Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)
- Tennessee Titans (10-6)
- Denver Broncos (10-6)
- Oakland Raiders (10-6)
Wild Card Round
Denver Broncos 20 Tennessee Titans 17
Oakland Raiders 14 Kansas City Chiefs 24
Washington Redskins 31 Atlanta Falcons 27
Green Bay Packers 14 Dallas Cowboys 27
Denver Broncos 10 Pittsburgh Steelers 13
Kansas City Chiefs 20 New England Patriots 31
Washington Redskins 12 Seattle Seahawks 17
Dallas Cowboys 30 Minnesota Vikings 13
Pittsburgh Steelers 28 New England Patriots 27
Dallas Cowboys 20 Seattle Seahawks 10
Super Bowl LI
Dallas Cowboys 31 Pittsburgh Steelers 35 (MVP - Antonio Brown)